Regionalisation

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
Stefanoo

Regionalisation

Post by Stefanoo »

I seriously belive that regionalisation or if u prefer the term of federalisation is what we need. Lets see, how many ircops or officials are from the middle east area for example? with my respect to romanians (for example), but wouldnt be better when someone from a certain civilisation who can understand the region keep an eye on his own area?

#Egypt, #Cairo #Jordan, #Amman #Syria #Damas #Lebanon #Beyrouth #Liban #Beirut #tripoli #Leb #Izmir #Istanbul #Ankara #Turkey #Palestine #kuwait #dubai #iraq #Baghdad #qatar #iran etc... NEED a serious help. Lame is so high in that region that most of the flooder after romanians are now lebanese. I myself founder of #Beyrouth , which is one of the biggest chan of the region, my ops and I, are really suffering to keep things in order.

At least i suggest that an existence of a better comunication between founders and a certain pointed cservice admin ex (ataché middle east) or (ataché far east) who can understand the situations and anwser our calls. and together we will make a better undernet
Stefano @ Douaihy.org

Homer

Post by Homer »

Different GMT's is that undernet need.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

As far as i know most of undernet users are GMT +2:00, I dont know many on +4-8, i know some on +9...
~ He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an Abyss, The Ábyss gazes also into you. ~

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

Last edited by Mitko on Fri May 27, 2005 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]

lilithia

Post by lilithia »

yeah, i'm GMT -6 :-)
"i don't even remember how to spell 'photographer'."

TheTerror

Post by TheTerror »

now what if everybody just tells his time-zone right here, so we have a topic with 10.000 posts.. i don't think anyone cares in what time zone are each of you :evil:

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

Since we are not off-topic and we are not doing against Forum Acceptable use policy I dont see anything wrong about it. We just discovered that varius time zones in UnderNet are needed...
~ He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an Abyss, The Ábyss gazes also into you. ~

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

Last edited by Mitko on Fri May 27, 2005 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]

TheTerror

Post by TheTerror »

then i guess i can just dissappear from the undernet forums, right?

okay mitko.. thanks
won't bother you again

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

Mitko didn`t emply that, but seeing u`re attitude, you sure would have to think more about it when u post, and stop whinig like a baby when he loses his bottle
I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

Stefanoo

Post by Stefanoo »

yeah ok its important the timezone thing. but still south americans can take in charge their region also arabs their region. chinese japs philipinos theirs.. thats what i mean, so there is a better comunication. cose often and verry often they come back on main askign for help because they understood nothing from cservice, usernames... my idea is simply to consider those minorities, with a better service im sure their number will grow and defenitly they part other networks to ours.
Stefano @ Douaihy.org

Kaac

Post by Kaac »

Well...

Don't know how to start... You see... There isn't anyone's fault because there are not too many opers/officials etc. from that region... I personally know a few officials & Official-help-channels members that are from South America and doing a great job, also asian members. If other regions of Asia/Africa (eq Saudi Arabia... Egypt etc) do not have too many representatives, means they are not good enough to; I doubt, actually I'm sure the location is not a reason for choosing opers etc. So if they would prove they deserve, I'm sure someone would consider them. Having some applications for them I think sucks :)

Also... I see members online almost anytime. I join midnight, damn early morning (5-6), then I stay at work about 12 hours online and I also join a bit when I get home, there's almost always someone online to take care. Well... Even if not Opped somewhere or showing something, it doesn't mean there's noone to take care of... Of course, there are some moments when noone there, but everyone's got a life :)

Lysergic

Post by Lysergic »

Stefanoo wrote:I seriously belive that regionalisation or if u prefer the term of federalisation is what we need. Lets see, how many ircops or officials are from the middle east area for example? with my respect to romanians (for example), but wouldnt be better when someone from a certain civilisation who can understand the region keep an eye on his own area?

What do you mean by your last sentence? Language-wise or culturally? I mean, the only thing a user needs to do is to obey the AUP :)
Macedonia is a province in Greece.

Stefanoo

Post by Stefanoo »

i never criticised the aup, the aup is fine.
i was talking about some federalisation of the system
like for example #ayuda for spanish #aide for french yeah? i ment they get like more power and some local representatives that could help around and fix problems betweens channels or users etc rather then everything falls on #cservice. i think that will have a better human contact if i may call it with the user.
Stefano @ Douaihy.org

Lysergic

Post by Lysergic »

What are you asking for exactly? I don't understand you now :o

You want more spanish, french and arabic speaking IRCops or what?! :-?
Macedonia is a province in Greece.