Cservice on the Board

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
`Dj

Cservice on the Board

Post by `Dj »

Hi folks! I know that the guys from the CService forum have already a topic with this name but I thought that it`s not such a really bad idea to make a topic here , too. Now..you can ask here everything you want to know about CService [ and I will try to obtain a reasponse from one of the cservice members] , post some ideas , state some of your problems etc. Thank you and I hope this goes out wel ! ;-)

`Dj

`Dj

Post by `Dj »

Do you think that the Undernet Channel Service , also known as CService needs some *improvements* or do you think that it is perfect(doesn`t need any *Improvements*) the way it is. Feel free to post in here your comments/ideas regarding this subject. Thanks ;o)

`Dj

kid

Post by kid »

i'm pweety intewested in this topic

`Dj

Post by `Dj »

seems that the users aren`t ;)

`Dj

Post by `Dj »

OK , it seems that you people want to be *pushed* :) There are some problems which appear every and every day and some of the user do NOT understand them . Don`t get angry at me if I post them (and their solution , hehe) in here ;)

1) Username gets globally suspended by a Official CService [Channel Service] Administrator [Admin] . What can you do ??

*so a user might be suspended 'cause of having multiple usernames/being hacked/abuse or flood
if a user has a hacked username and he must fix either his email address/verification answer/password and he is not able to do it via the website, he must mail x@undernet.org to get the informaitons fixed, after that he will mail object@ for the unsuspend
as for the other two, users who don't have access on any channels, must mail usernames@ for the unsuspend
on the other hand users, who *have* accesses, they must mail object@
they will need to send the request from the recorded email address. If this doesn't work/exist, they will have to mail X@ first to have the proper address.
If you are NOT sure why your username got suspended feel free to ask a #CService op/official to check it out for you.
NOTE : Most of The Username get suspended because of the ABUSE [the person is having multiple usernames]. If you are in this situation please do NOT bother sending the e-mail .
Give the Reply 3-5 days , please. If in a week-time the reply hasn`t arrived send the e-mail again and in the Subject Line type : "2-nd Request" or "3-rd Request" [if you are sending the e-mail for the 3-rd time].

2)Username is tagged as FRAUD

* a fraud username is one that was created for the purpose of trying to register multiple channels, if you feel this was in error, please send an email to object@undernet.org, with your explanation.

3) "I can NOT login on the CService site using my current e-mail add"

*create a new valid email (ISP email) for cservice and then go to http://cservice.undernet.org/docs/Email.txt copy and paste the text you find on the website to an email, fill it in and email to x@undernet.org, give 5 days for a reply.

4) What is a DRONE and why are they kicked from channels like #CService??

*they are clones that may or may not be controlled by someone else to abuse the network and its guests ==> They are REALLY Annoying!! :o)

5) What e-mail add. should I use If I want to register a USERNAME , on Undernet?

*Well most of the FREE e-mail accounts [like @hotmail.com or @yahoo.com ] are BLOCKED/BLACKLISTED at CService due the abuse. If you have a home connection to the Internet simply call or contact your ISP [ISP =Internet Service Provider , the place from where you got connected to the Internet] and ask him ; If you do NOT have a Home Internet Connection Use a Paid E-mail Account. Though , some FREE e-mails are still ACCEPTED at CService - you can find one searching the web ;) .

**Here are some other things :)

What is a "net-rider" ?
it means you happened to trigger the "net rider" protection when your server re-merged from a netsplit ==> For more INFO please ask in #zT or #nastrand.
What is the Login command?
The Login command is : /msg x@channels.undernet.org Login username password.

For more informations [about *X* related problems/questions/comments] please feel free to state it/them in the Undernet Official *X* HELP Channel : #CService [Channel Service] :o)
-The channel deals ONLY with *X* related problems [REGISTERED CHANNELS ONLY]!!!
If you need help with a UNregistered channels [And you are the current CHANNEL MANAGER - And the channel is UNREGISTERED atm] please go and ask in #zT or #Nastrand - #CService people are NOT IRC operators [they do NOT perform channel modes]!!

Thanks,
`Dj

`Dj

Post by `Dj »

What (other) things would you like to find out about The Undernet CService [Channel Service] ??

Stefano

Post by Stefano »

well, i would like to see a totally "new" #cservice, i wanna wake up one morning, join #cservice and see the channel operators act properly and kindly to users... No offense guys, no doubt is one of the TOP 3 help channels and probly the most organised one...

Kind Regards, fets
Stefano Sordini

Kahr

Post by Kahr »

That is something we all would like to see, Fets. I agree soo much with you. Sometimes I think that the Operators of #CService just acts too inpolite and inproper to other people. It almost hello me off. I know they have a lot of work, and that it takes a lot of time by the volunteer people. But please try to put some effort into the helping part that you actually are nice to the people that seek help. Bring a smile, and you will be met with smile. That one has been proven several times.
[url=http://www.xr-s.com][img]http://www.solaris.as/kahr/sigs/kahr_mix_5.jpg[/img][/url]

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

A new #cservice...would be good, but the curent helpers..are nice...and i am not an official there...but i help people and i know many of the ops...i think they work hard and they deserve more then just complains...just think in those who work and then come home to work on irc...and the work again...please have a little bit more consideration
CService is doing a good job...at least let's help keep it that way
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

kid

Post by kid »

Kahr wrote:That is something we all would like to see, Fets. I agree soo much with you. Sometimes I think that the Operators of #CService just acts too inpolite and inproper to other people. It almost hello me off. I know they have a lot of work, and that it takes a lot of time by the volunteer people. But please try to put some effort into the helping part that you actually are nice to the people that seek help. Bring a smile, and you will be met with smile. That one has been proven several times.

Kahr, How many times have you actually joined #CService? Funny thing, I'm online about 70% of the day (on regular basis) and in #CService, I only saw you join 3 times. Lets not judge #CService on what you remember or what you heard from it. Judge it by what it IS NOW, not what it was, not what it will be (just in case any of you can see the future as well).

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

Razvanet wrote:i think they work hard and they deserve more then just complains...just think in those who work and then come home to work on irc...and then work again...please have a little bit more consideration
CService is doing a good job...at least let's help keep it that way

As i said before, the helpers in cservice are actualy working hard.
It's not easy to help....especialy in #cservice TRUST ME , Kahr you should try helping in cservice then make your poste !
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

kid

Post by kid »

Noone said that CService helpers aren't working hard, razvanet. It's not about helping, it's about HOW they help. My opinion is that the relations between helper and 'needing-help' has improved. It's your call to see if that is so. (razvanet, by the way, quoting yourself - bad idea)

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

I dont know very well what the relation between helper and the one who needs help was some time ago. But in my opinion the curent relation between helpers and the ones asking questions is good. Most of the time they get the right information and /part the channel with a kind Thank You...this is a sign that users are happy with the information they got...official helpers do know the stuff...the only bad thing is they use a lot of popups...like answer is beeing sent to you via /notice....as i notice users apreciate more..if you spend time explaining what and why...The only people not happy about the service are those how got their channel rejected or purged...and the users that have a suspended username...only this cases are not happy...and they some times flood as a revange!
In rest cservice si doing a great job helping !

kid

Post by kid »

If some official helpers would not use popups which send the required information via /notice, then how could CService handle those many users? How about if someone asks for large amounts of information? Would be suicide to display the text in the main channel, flooding would be an usual thing in there. There are more users needing help then helpers who can stay along for 1 hour to chit-chat, after being helped. Trust me, the information the CService helpers send via /notice is userfriendly and easy to understand.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

In cservice there are a lot of helpers...that have the right information, and time to spend with the user. But in most cases they only ask for a command...witch would be easy to explain.In some cases when cservice has a lot of people asking questions it's a good ideea to use /notice kind of information...but i have seen helpers doing the /notice thing for useless stuff and when the channel is almost empty, i think when the official helpers have time they should try to explain more not just /notice.
But same thing as before, cservice is doing a great job...and i think/notice helps make job easier for officials...