Linking Servers together

Ask your questions about ircu and GNUWorld, share your ideas, and help the coders in their work.
DrEvil

Linking Servers together

Post by DrEvil »

I am trying to link two servers together, but can not get them to link together.

One one server I get this:

Code: Select all

(19:11:58) -humility.us.suprtech.net- *** Notice -- Connection to master.hub.suprtech.net activated.
(19:11:58) -humility.us.suprtech.net- *** Notice -- ERROR :from master.hub.suprtech.net -- Use another port
(19:11:58) -humility.us.suprtech.net- *** Notice -- Link with master.hub.suprtech.net canceled: EOF from client

and on the other I get this:

Code: Select all

(14:24:26) -master.hub.suprtech.net- *** Connecting to humility.us.suprtech.net.
(14:24:27) -master.hub.suprtech.net- Link with humility.us.suprtech.net canceled: Connection refused

Any suggestions?

wensu

Post by wensu »

Sorry, no suggestions :p
- wensu

Command, n.: Statement presented by a human and accepted by a computer in such a manner as to make the human feel as if he is in control.

MrEen

Post by MrEen »

Just a guess on my part, but have you tried using another port?

(wensu, I was waiting for someone else to answer.)
The bigger fish.

xplora

Post by xplora »

Sorry but to get a better response than "try another port" you will need to show the connection settings from the configuration file(s) for both servers (masking anything sensitive of course), so that we can verify that the configuration is correct.
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee