Output of -modif command

Ask questions about Undernet's Channel Service
DjChulo

Output of -modif command

Post by DjChulo »

During the years many people asked who added a specific access on their channel, it will be nice to have this in -modif command, actually at LAST MODIFIED: field it is shown who last modified it. It will be nice to be a line above LAST MODIFIED: , with field ADDED BY: and here to show who added the specific username/access, something like this:

Code: Select all

/msg x access #channel username -modif

The reply can be:

Code: Select all

-X- USER: username ACCESS: LEVEL L
-X- CHANNEL: #Channel -- AUTOMODE: VOICE / OP
-X- LAST SEEN: 0 days, 04:19:30 ago.
-X- ADDED BY: (Username) Nickname!ident@username.users.undernet.org (10 days, 03:45:37 ago)
-X- LAST MODIFIED: (Username) Nickname!ident@username.users.undernet.org (3 days, 00:23:50 ago)
-X- End of access list

I am talking about this line -X- ADDED By: (Username) Nickname!ident@username.users.undernet.org (10 days, 03:45:37 ago)

I think that will be useful.

Sabin

Post by Sabin »

Indeed, it will be very nice to have that field with ADDED BY: , in past occured situations when people were modifying it by suspend and unsuspend/modifying automode value etc just to not be seen who added the specific username in the first place.

Crys

Post by Crys »

Right, but this command will be kind of covered by the featuring "HISTORY" of the channel command. Meaning that the manager (or 490/495+) will be able to see who was added on the channel :) That seems fair enough for me and one command to cover them all.

-- SUPPOSING that the MANAGER will SHOW HIS/HER presence and ACTIVITY and by that to LOGIN more frequently and to check their channel activity and what happened without his/her permission.
Just a wise head on young shoulders.

xplora

Post by xplora »

added by is available via the website.
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee

Dooku

Post by Dooku »

but can be seen only by CService officials :D
You must join me, and together we will destroy the Sith.

xplora

Post by xplora »

Dooku wrote:but can be seen only by CService officials :D

Interesting, people with access are supposed to be able to see it too, will have to take that up with the coders.
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

xplora wrote:

Interesting, people with access are supposed to be able to see it too, will have to take that up with the coders.

And I thought I was going blind or something. Image

LOL

~Eenie
Just a small fish in a big sea Image

Dooku

Post by Dooku »

Eenie wrote:
xplora wrote:

And I thought I was going blind or something. Image

LOL

~Eenie

He has been a CService official for so long that now he doesn't recall what a user can see and can't see lol :oops:
Even so Chulo's idea sounds interesting (seeing that also on IRC)
You must join me, and together we will destroy the Sith.

DjChulo

Post by DjChulo »

Like I said, that command is very useful for normal users, the officials can see it on website, but i think that will be better in IRC with that line too, i don`t see this very special, i see this commnd (with the new line in) very normal and useful.

Spidel

Post by Spidel »

It would be a good improvement.
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."

DjChulo

Post by DjChulo »

xplora wrote:

So, did you talked with the coders xplora?