Mail notification

Section dedicated to supporting users with forum questions / comments and to report any abuse.
Stefanoo

Mail notification

Post by Stefanoo »

Well i have received 3 mails, saying someone replied my post.. i click on the link and

The topic or post you requested does not exist

bugs everywhere.. it needs a refresh big time
Stefano @ Douaihy.org

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

We had a spam problem, and those posts have been deleted. No bugs. Just spam.

Eenie ;-)
Just a small fish in a big sea Image

Stefanoo

Post by Stefanoo »

well its time u put an anti spammer module.
Stefano @ Douaihy.org

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

Yes, it's been requested and suggested. It would be nice.

Eenie
Just a small fish in a big sea Image

Qxygen

Post by Qxygen »

It's been some time, spammers are still at our door and they post a lot of messages.. can't the admins implement some special feature that doesn't allow you to post untill you do some special stuff that bot couldn't do .. like push 1 button from 30 stuff like that.

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

.. and the bot will push all 30 buttons ;) Maybe sound verification is a good idea. Maybe.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko

Qxygen

Post by Qxygen »

Mitko wrote:.. and the bot will push all 30 buttons ;) Maybe sound verification is a good idea. Maybe.

Maybe we could have 5 buttons of different colours and we could have a random quote that would ask you to select a different colour. :) The bot couldn't get that.. could it? :|

Spidel

Post by Spidel »

personally for me as a simple user, i'd be lazy of pressing or pushing too many buttons, so it has to be something more easy for us as forum users and something unknown or/and unfamiliar with spam-bots who are spamming the forum
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."

Qxygen

Post by Qxygen »

I understand but there should be something done about these spam drones that keep hiting the forum .. it keeps getting boring :) annoying too :)... we should also make the 'easy way to register - Reserved for Spidel - Spam Drones Don't Enter' :P .. enjoy :D

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

Spidel wrote:personally for me as a simple user, i'd be lazy of pressing or pushing too many buttons, so it has to be something more easy for us as forum users and something unknown or/and unfamiliar with spam-bots who are spamming the forum

It's about the registration. Since you're registered you wouldn't have to push any button. Anyway, if anyone wants to code that registration, feel free to do it and maybe it will be implemented if the forum admins decide that it's safe.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko

Spidel

Post by Spidel »

alright
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."

Qxygen

Post by Qxygen »

If I'll ever know how to code that...I'll do it :)