The forum & the site..

Post your comments, ideas and bug reports about this website here.
Lion-O

The forum & the site..

Post by Lion-O »

Hi guys,

The forum looks nice but I think you guys should really put in an UnderNet logo instead of removing the PHPBB logo. This is quite a funny situation, not too long ago the #linux channel has also fired up an official channel forum and guess what we use? :-)

Anyway, the site has looked good for quite some time now IMO and I like the forum idea, keep up the good work guys!
With kind regards, Lion-O

evi|one

Post by evi|one »

we already have the undernet logo in the header
I am a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

JeepC77

Post by JeepC77 »

No comments except the next URL:
http://www.motherboards.org/forums/
:bandit:

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GCM d-- s+:- a- C++ UL P+ L++ E W++ N+ o-- K- w
O- M V PS+++ PE Y+ PGP t 5 X+ R tv-- b++ DI++ D+
G e++ h r- y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

\cpt\

Post by \cpt\ »

Nice logo...
Undernet forums should have one too... Not ncessary the "undernet logo"; it may be "Undernet Forums" logo or something.
captain me.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

Sounds interesting..anyway i don't know why this logo of phpbb is here :-? I know they want some credit/advertisment...but....
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

magic

Post by magic »

the logo for phpBB been removed :-)
Admin - webmasters project
webmasters@undernet.org

kenv

Post by kenv »

The thing with the snowflakes is nice :xmas: , but i have one question: why is it only on the forums section and not on the whole website?

#UserGuide Trainee
kenv@kenv.net

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

christmas eggs ? :roll:
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?

W3bmaster

Post by W3bmaster »

Lion-O wrote:Hi guys,

The forum looks nice but I think you guys should really put in an UnderNet logo instead of removing the PHPBB logo. This is quite a funny situation, not too long ago the #linux channel has also fired up an official channel forum and guess what we use? :-)

Anyway, the site has looked good for quite some time now IMO and I like the forum idea, keep up the good work guys!

About the thing.. with the #linux channel, let me tell ya, phpBB is the most complete message board (forum) and thats why most people use it.

phpBB is a high powered, fully scalable, and highly customisable open-source bulletin board package, it has a user-friendly interface, simple and straightforward administration panel, and helpful FAQ. Based on the powerful PHP server language , phpBB is the ideal solution.

:classic:
Proud to be romanian

ZeroSlashe®

Post by ZeroSlashe® »

heya, since i didn't know where to post and i didn't wanted to make a totally new subject/posting, i will use this one due to the generality of the title... anyway my point:

Lately i see new posts that in the beginning make sense and are very informative, but after a couple of posts it is like people are on to something, argue, annoyance etc.etc. (negative) and if u read further or wait longer, there u see a little argue starting or people actually dissing off eachothers reply...

STOP DOING THAT

why starting an argue? why starting to annoy people if they have a correct answer? why don't you just reply at all incase of something lame?

Me personally, i like this forum, i see new stuff that i haven't known but finally learn about it... yet others think they own some part of undernet and they diss off others, including helpers

well i'm not gonna say sorry or what so ever, but without helpers thousands of users wouldn't know what to do, the Undernet helpers (admin, ircops, official helpers) are doing a very good job.

stop dissing eachother on the forum, it's not polite, and if u do not agree, fine read puterfixer's post on "General Post" about the AUP.

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

This is why we now have an Acceptable Use Policy for this Forum.

EVERYONE should read it and we, the moderators are going to make sure EVERYONE is abiding by it.

It is here: http://www.undernet.org/forumaup.php

And there is a link to it on the bottom of every forum page.

Eenie
:)

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

Since when does the forum have an aup. When i registered my username in the forum, in february this year as i remember there was an AUP. But after 5 months you start mentioning it
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

The announcement is on the Undernet News site, just click on News tab at the top of this page.

Titled: New AUP for Undernet Forum
This article was posted by puterfixer on Jun 22, 2004, 04:50 PM

It also was posted in this very forum here: http://www.undernet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1516
Posted: 21 Jun 2004 10:29 Post subject: Forum rules (AUP) - Read this!

As you see, it was not in effect when you registered, but it is now.

Eenie
:)

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

My bad.
But i`m pretty sure i click on something that i agree with some forum rules....i just don`t remember what it was. Anyway this AUP is usefull and must be read by all users which register on this forum. I for one have read them and i intend to respect them.
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Homer

Post by Homer »

yeh we have Forum AUP, but they are already being broken and seems noone would care about them. Is the Forum AUP there to be broke or to be followed ?