//.msg x seen $nick and also... /mode $chan +c

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
ZubaZ

Post by ZubaZ »

OUTsider wrote:they ripped out it's eyes

OMG, you criminals!

Homer

Post by Homer »

X has his own seen in the "info" part but if the username is in a invisible mode how we can see that?

Just an idea, it might be possible to get the seen part that can be seen even when the username is in a invisble mode, Example:

[X!cservice@undernet.org] Unable to view user details (Invisible)
[X!cservice@undernet.org] LAST SEEN: 0 days, 03:02:04 ago.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!

draku

Post by draku »

OUTsider wrote:they ripped out it's eyes

Might I add, since it's blind and all, the people that work on the web interface should remove the Floodpro thing there. The setting is gone and so is the command.
:evil: draku :evil:

zeee

Post by zeee »

why don`t u delete from x`s data base the globaly suspended users , so somebody can use them , and x`s data base will be smaller . thx. i`m waiting 4 an answer 8) :P
zeee.users.undernet.org

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

Usually usernames are suspended for abuse:2 usernames for one person, free email adress, etc all kinds of abuse. I the usernames found as fraud would be deleted the ones who registered it by abuse will try again. And if they succeded one they will succed again.

Other usernames that are suspended might be unsuspended, if the owner send an email or join #usernames to solve the problem. Yes, situations like these are rare but they do happen.

So it would be such a good ideea to delete username after being suspended, but i do agree that the time of 2 month to delete an username after beeing suspended is too big. It should been shorten to 30 days... or less.
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Kaac

Post by Kaac »

X is used for a channel to be registered and maintain it. And that is it. No seen things or something like this. I think it already has too many features, to be honest. About the +c mode, I agree with puterfixer.

K8oard

Post by K8oard »

zeee wrote:why don`t u delete from x`s data base the globaly suspended users , so somebody can use them , and x`s data base will be smaller . thx. i`m waiting 4 an answer 8) :P

That`s really off topic... for further informations about Your suspended username(s) try #Usernames. Your tread got nothing to do with 'Undernet improvements' or any other ways to make it a better place to be.
Muzik,...It`s my life...!!!

Homer

Post by Homer »

they are not removing the usernames that are globaly suspended so everyone would have the last chance to get it back before it goes away flying somewhere.

[Edit due grammer mistakes]
Last edited by Homer on Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!

zeee

Post by zeee »

K8oard u didn`t get my point , but the others did :)
zeee.users.undernet.org

Jay`Z

Post by Jay`Z »

K8oard wrote:... Think about it, it`s all about resource and having a good motherboard running on maybe a *BSD or any other OS...

:roll: ahaha...the motherboard is quite one of the last things that matters in this case :). It's mostly about the thousands of $ that go on the bandwidth and traffic it makes, I'm not sure X's host would agree with having it "eat" twice as much than it already does 8)
"All people have the right to stupidity but only some of them abuse the privilege"