Several Suggestions to improve UnderNet

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
LordPimp

Several Suggestions to improve UnderNet

Post by LordPimp »

Before I start my suggestions, I want to congratulate UnderNet, its really one of the best IRC networks, I myself switched over from Dalnet 5 years ago, and I think UnderNet is doing an excellent job. Specially with the introduction of its new +x feature.

Now for the suggestions...

None of the emails I have sent to UnderNet have ever been replied. I guess thats just a policy. I guess also you boys get 1000s of emails a day and only reply to the important ones, but its something to think about.

Two... in every organisation there is corruption, and UnderNet has proved to be like every other organisation by allowing the registration of Shell Company channel #speednix-networks

Three... You should have a kill option, the user shoudl be able to kill his own nick when he/she is logged into UnderNet, this saves time in waiting for the nick to disconnect or ping timeout before re logging in.

Right now im in a rush, but i have more ideas. So i will post more ;)

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

Just commenting about your third remark. I did make a patch available for services that would enable you to do it if that client is authed in services. However, this patch is still under discussion, and the chances of it getting accepted is very small.
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?

Kahr

Post by Kahr »

I don't see how corruption has anything to do with the channel you mentioned... :o

mcengiz

Post by mcengiz »

Outsider where can we obtain your patches ?

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

LordPimp

Post by LordPimp »

I really liked the idea of +R. This will be very useful for the normal user. These days spam bots are spamming website urls that run a script and infect the visitors computer which in turn give the hacker complete control of the visitors PC and they load flood bots from it or continue advertising their site. So this new +R would be really beneficial!

I also think registration of a user name should be made easier and free email accounts be allowed to be used. Those who want to make multiple IDs make it anyways regardless of whether their is a restriction on paid email accounts only. Its quite easy to get a hold of email accounts. Most users give up after they realise they need a different email to their hotmail for example. Maybe a new type of user should be created one that cant support channels or create channels if they have a free account.

anyways again i am out of time... funny how i get ideas when i have no time... hope i get positive feed back!

K8oard

Post by K8oard »

LordPimp wrote:You should have a kill option, the user shoudl be able to kill his own nick when he/she is logged into UnderNet, this saves time in waiting for the nick to disconnect or ping timeout before re logging in.

I really agree with this ideea, I`m 100% that everyone will love it as if they will readt this threath, the point is that is good only for itself to kill his/her own clone (ghost) if need it, while X is lagged or even due the maxloggins is set to (only one connection)... but there is a bug, I can call it a bug, thinking this way:

There are 2 options:

<1> The good option: * K8oard got killed by K8oard (Quit: Ghost)

<2> The bad option: * K8oard got killed by (IRCop nickname> (Quit: Ghost)

NOTE: This way, everyone might got an IRCop nickname and killed himself (the second connection) while the first nickname ($nick) is already in use... he must use a second nickname ($anick) to kill his/her ghost, so think about guyz... Everyone can impresonate his/her own kill mode, by changing his/her second nickname into a VIP one (may I call it like that) cause some users believes that if they have a nickname of an IRCop they are somebody, having power over "There are currently 135598 users online." so there will be a lot of users can do this, so there is a bug... we need another mode next to this "kill mode" so people will not abuse others... Hope You got my point. Correct me if I`m wrong...
Muzik,...It`s my life...!!!

mcengiz

Post by mcengiz »

I dont see a point in that but even this can be done easily I think,
with a if in the code checking if a user in * from CMaster dc and if he is an oper from CService db. Just an idea. :P

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

As long as users keep clicking on urls presented by spammers they will see there method works. If people won't click, then after a while they will notice it's useless and give up.

Speed

Post by Speed »

K8oard ... i saw what u posted.. and indeed .. u have a lot of imagination, but belive me that killing options (if ever will be available) it will not be that "easy" if u understand my point.
I think it will be based on a nickname and password that only u may know and use them, something as X have, or look at the dalnet services, they are this way, in order to kill your ghost, u need to type a password right?
so, i don't think it matters if u use an ircop nick or what did u say'd, cause honestly i didn't understand such big deal :)

best regards to everyone.
If a man hasn't found something that he would die for it, than he isn't fit to live!

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

Speed^:

Can you find a larger or more annoying sig that you have chosen?

Eenie
:(
And if you look at all my previous posts, I never frown.

Stefano

Post by Stefano »

Indeed...
Stefano Sordini

evi|one

Post by evi|one »

My sigs are the best ;)
I am a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

K8oard

Post by K8oard »

OUTsider wrote:As long as users keep clicking on urls presented by spammers they will see there method works. If people won't click, then after a while they will notice it's useless and give up.

I must agree with You here OUTsider... Yes, You`re right, but believe it, there are not all the same... I saw plenty users still doing forbidden things even if they got no victims (I pressume).

Btw, hope no one will say anything about my sign, cause this is what I love the most, making muzik :P

Now evi|one, please tell me how many times You`re chaging Your signature each month ? :P I just love the way You`re trying to make people to see You`re original, anyway... Keep it real :P and make me one photo with any keyboards in it (((:

*** Enjoy muzik, the way I do ((((: :lol: ***
Muzik,...It`s my life...!!!

Kahr

Post by Kahr »

evilone wrote:My sigs are the best ;)

Selfconfident, are we? :lol: