Topics readability

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
Fraifrai

Topics readability

Post by Fraifrai »

Hi,

Sometimes topics appear or not depending on the server on which we are connected.

For example when joining the #foo channel the topic would appear if logged on diemen server and not if logged on Haarlem server.

Where does this problém come from ? And is there a way to prevent such hazardous behavior?

Thanks

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

Topics don't get synchronized after burst, if a topic is set, then it will be broadcasted to all current connected server, originating from the server where the client setting the topic is located.
Thus if some servers are not linked, they will not know about the new topic and will keep the old.
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?

Fraifrai

Post by Fraifrai »

Somebody explained it to me and told me that ithis useful functionality hasn't been implemented because datas exchanged to resolve a split are already to large for the 50K undernet users.

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

45000 channels, 106000 clients, 100 chars average topiclength, 36 servers, average of 3 splits on a good day.. yeah, thats a lot of traffic alltogether

K8oard

Post by K8oard »

There is an issue in all the networks after a netsplit, cause the latest IRCD version it needs a bit of improvement, on that desynch chapter, I`m saying this, cause most of the time, even if an helper goes into an opless channel and asks the IRCop for the mode, sometimes the IRCop can see an @ ( Operator ) in there, but actually it isn`t, this is not due netsplit, this is due desynch... I`ll read about more tonight and I`ll give You a full description about it, so that`s why You the one who posted this topic see all this kind of differences, because of the desynch, hope that the user-com members/coders will do something about it, imho I believe this is the bug (:
Muzik,...It`s my life...!!!
[img]http://www.djk8oard.com/logos/DjK8oard2.jpg[/img]

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

K8oard:
I have deleted your other 2 identical posts in this section; please make sure you do not hit the submit button more then once when posting from now on.

Eenie :)

K8oard

Post by K8oard »

Woops Eenie, my bad, I`m trying as much as possible not to repeating my self, but if I did that, please don`t believe that I`m just another user trying to look for the seak of the posts number ((: Thanks
Muzik,...It`s my life...!!!
[img]http://www.djk8oard.com/logos/DjK8oard2.jpg[/img]

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

K8oard, the patches are present for ircu, but they will not get implemented because of the above. Undernet servers have enough traffic to handle.