Email change.

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
Ghostyz

Email change.

Post by Ghostyz »

I recently tried to get my email changed (i succeeded after 5 attempts). I would like to know why is it so hard to get the email changed? i think it would be good to let users change their email by themselves for reasons:
1. What is the BIG deal in changing your email? I mean, it's an email, and most of the time email replies are automatic.
2. To follow the "ISP-email-adress-only" rule i suggest to enable a feature that checks for the email validity. Like this, only isp emails can be provided.
3. It would make users happier.

Dooku

Post by Dooku »

Ghostyz wrote:I recently tried to get my email changed (i succeeded after 5 attempts). I would like to know why is it so hard to get the email changed? i think it would be good to let users change their email by themselves for reasons:
1. What is the BIG deal in changing your email? I mean, it's an email, and most of the time email replies are automatic.
2. To follow the "ISP-email-adress-only" rule i suggest to enable a feature that checks for the email validity. Like this, only isp emails can be provided.
3. It would make users happier.

Hi there,
1. There is no BIG deal, you just hit FORMS -> you make the E-mail Change Request and you click on the link that you recived in your old e-mail account so you could change your username's adress to the new location. And yes, its all automatic.
2. I don't understand this one :roll: CSC accepts e-mail for registration from ISPs but from any other payed e-mail provider as well.
3. We are happy as we speak :D its just that you don't have patience, you should take in consideration that any of this services, offered by this IRC network to you are FREE.

Also if you get a delay at any automatic online(via website) requests you should contact #usernames.
You must join me, and together we will destroy the Sith.
[img]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4327/undernetuser0jm.png[/img]

Ghostyz

Post by Ghostyz »

what i mean is nickmenza refused to change my email adress just because it was still active. thats what i mean by "slacking it" a bit.

Kester

Post by Kester »

Ghostyz wrote:what i mean is nickmenza refused to change my email adress just because it was still active. thats what i mean by "slacking it" a bit.

AFAIK, cservice staff is not allowed to change an e-mail if its still active, you've got to do it yourself.

Dooku wrote:1. There is no BIG deal, you just hit FORMS -> you make the E-mail Change Request and you click on the link that you recived in your old e-mail account so you could change your username's adress to the new location. And yes, its all automatic.

Dooku

Post by Dooku »

Ghostyz wrote:what i mean is nickmenza refused to change my email adress just because it was still active. thats what i mean by "slacking it" a bit.

Why should an official do that for you when you could do that by yourself ?
CService officials are here to help you with what you should do in the first place, not to spoonfeed you. :wink:
You must join me, and together we will destroy the Sith.
[img]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4327/undernetuser0jm.png[/img]