Cservice on the Board

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
kid

Post by kid »

the notices contain specific and detailed information. They're just what the user need/request. And regarding use them when the channel is empty, it all depends on the mood of the helper. If he/she feels fit and is not bussy doing other things, then he may type the info, instead of toying in his popups bar.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

I understand, i would like to change the subject a bit...i should post this in cservice part of the forum...but i will do it here...What do you people think about helpers steping ? I don't mind as long as they stop...and let the first one answer
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

kid

Post by kid »

If you're referring to the stepping which accures in #CService (and I know you are), then that would be a rather easy question. Stepping cannot be predicted, nor stopped. Stepping is something to get used to. Most experienced helpers back off, allowing thus the person who offered first to help to do his job. New helpers (which have only been in the channel a few times only) usually interfier on anyone, anywhere. They're then asked by a channel op to either avoid stepping or sit back, to observe how #Cservice helpers help. Breaking a request to one of the channel ops might eventually lead to the removal of that user from the channel.
Last edited by kid on Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

As i have observed the newbie helpers...do step a lot..and there is nothing to be done. But sometimes it's anoying...I have to say that i do step sometimes but it's because i didn't see the other's person respond or answer, i do apologize when i am steping...and i think every helper from cservice steped at least 3 or 4 times, so it's good for the ops to know...not not just ban someone for steping....
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

kid

Post by kid »

CService channel operators always warn before banning and regarding the stepping, you've stepped at first, so did I, so did ANY person who helped in CService. They step because they're not aware of HOW we help and they rarely get banned for stepping. As said before, stepping cannot be stopped. I do not enjoy repeating myself, nor do I enjoy seeing the same topics being repeated.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

Another thing i would like to ask...probably asked before by other people too is Why is cservice topic always the same, except for closed or open...i think cservice has some other important thing's to tell users besides that...don't you think ? :-?

kid

Post by kid »

Ah, simple question. The reason is the same as for the web page. CService is a rather 'classical' committee. You rarely see important changes in there and when they accure, noone notices them.

Mervin

Post by Mervin »

Think on it Razvanet ... for example when an op send a notice to a user with any info, remember that the user gets almost the FULL info... that helps much... belive me. if popups scrips wouldn't contain /notice thing... would be impossible to add a big volume of information... and sometimes would make the user who's in needing of help to ask few/several questions instead asking once... that's the way I see the things :)
Regards,
Mervin

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

WoW...now this is some old posts i got here...it's been more then 1 year since i posted this lol :D Nice to remember sometimes what kind of things i was posting in my really early days...some think i post same stuff now :lol: ...anyway good info Mervin...and good Diging up in the forum...must have made a 100 km hole to get here

Best Regards,