#Cservie is a no go

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
`Dj

Post by `Dj »

The topic will be LOCKED untill any other decisions are taken by the forum administration/moderators.

Stefano

Post by Stefano »

ehm, because i have been asked to do it by some #IRCHELP members. I respect their opinion. ALso, this topic is for suggestions and to place problems in order to improve undernet. So i think the topic SHOULD remain unlocked. ( Dj pls dont lock it again )

Regards, fets
Stefano Sordini

kid

Post by kid »

A topic saying that '#CService is a no go' won't get that many suggestions

Nu-Hir

Post by Nu-Hir »

But it does get the attention of people who are looking in this forum. Positive things can originate from negative.

kid

Post by kid »

name one good thing that has been posted here since the creation of this topic

`Dj

Post by `Dj »

Name one good thing : *MY* messages :) hehe

kid

Post by kid »

:classic:

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

:confused:
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

Kahr

Post by Kahr »

kid wrote:name one good thing that has been posted here since the creation of this topic

I think that answers itself, kid.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

I don't think cservice will ever change the topic....just if there is a split for X, kid said many times that cservice is "classic" so what ??? I think there is time for a litle bit of change !!! That old topic informs of nothing....people don't even read it any more on join because they think it's the same...so if the website is down...and that is writen in the topic 99% they will not see it because they think topic never changes....
This is confusing and not helpfull...at least try to use some colors ! :-?
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

kid

Post by kid »

[22:22] * Topic is 'Welcome to #CService! The Official X Help Channel. Username & Channel Registrations are OPEN. Our Email: CService@undernet.org'
I never saw colours used in that topic, nor do I hope I will see them in the future. I saw underline and bold less then rarely. The people who edit the topic in #CService won't bring colours into it. It's a classical channel, with classical tastes.
Is the topic really an issue to discuss on this forum? I don't find it too useful, sorry.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

As i can see you do not read with attention...I said that this Topic thing in CService could be confusing for most users, i consider this a serious matter...Many times i see people in cservice asking about information that they don't see in the topic ! Have you ever asked your self why people don't read the topic ??? Let's say colors it's not a good ideea, but changing the topic would be good...and the number of "read the topic please" will be reduced !
How many times did you kid say "read the topic please" ?
Why this ??? :-?

Kahr

Post by Kahr »

Sometimes people are unable to see the topic. However, this is a different issue. People ought to read the topic. I can understand why people get tired of answering questions that are already answered in the topic.

kid

Post by kid »

Razvanet wrote:How many times did you kid say "read the topic please" ?
Why this ??? :-?

Actually I use statements like: 'bla bla bla, as the topic says'. For example: username registrations are closed, as the topic says.
And regarding how many times do I say it - a person who helps, helps in whatever circumstances, even if that means repeating.

SAnDAnGE

Post by SAnDAnGE »

Greetings everyone,

I think you should consider the fact that #CService is a HELP channel, blinding people with colors is not an wise idea, if they don't read it it's their problem, but when there is one user asking a question, and it's answer is in the topic, and there is only one OP in the chan, and other 10 people asking at the same time different questions, and finnaly the op answers him with "Read the topic please", I think that the second time he'll read the topic when joining #cservice :) .That's why the OPs are for, to have patience and answer right to every question of yours.
As for baning idling users, do you think it's right that an user let's his bnc for 1 week in the channel, and IDLE all this time ? consider that dayly there are not one but lots of users doing this, and trust me it's no fun to search a nick in a nicklist with over 100 nicks in it, when you're reading what other 10 people are typing in the channel for you.
If we ban them before there are 100 people in the channel, consider it as a preventive action.
As for #CService being friendly... We can't be friendly with all the lamers, and sometimes we get tyred of lamers harrassing us, so we ban them.
I don't consider #cservice friendly, but the most friendly, considering that we have staff from all over the world, who can help almost 24/24 hours.