#Cservie is a no go

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
puterfixer

Post by puterfixer »

During the years I've spent online helping, I had the chance to see how useful the topic is. I've even set the topic in white text on red background, to be VERY visible among the (default) green text when someone joins the channel. And guess what? People didn't read it AT ALL. They just entered and asked their question, disregarding the fact that it may have been a common problem and the answer was already in the topic. And if I pointed out "read the topic", they said "oh" as if it was the first time they ever heard of such a thing. The same thing happened if the channel had a bot which sent a /notice to everyone entering the channel; the message was either an announcement, or telling them to ask the question directly, in channel, not to message the ops and not to ask if they can ask a question. Still, people would enter and message all ops right away, or ask "can I ask something" or "help!!!!!!!!!!!!11". They weren't lagged either, so they DID receive the private notice when they joined, before starting to type. Keep in mind that most people are idiots, they consider their every lame little problem unique, extremely important and that everyone else has to hear about it. Even the experienced IRC users would enter a channel then leave immediately just to see the topic; they don't bother reading, otherwise they'd find out they can issue a /topic #channelname command and find the result in the Status window.

kid

Post by kid »

A helper should not be upset if it happens that he has to point the user to the topic. That's his job, to help under any circumstances.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

Well always some things can make a job easier...
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

kid

Post by kid »

Well, that's why popups were created :)

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

Well, little improvment...is always welcome...
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

These meaningless posts are what puterfixer, CarLiLLos and I have been asking you two to stop. Maybe you missed our posts:

http://www.undernet.org/forum/viewtopic ... ight=#5868

http://www.undernet.org/forum/viewtopic ... ight=#5852

http://www.undernet.org/forum/viewtopic ... ight=#5843

Those posts say it all. Please read them.

Eenie
:)

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

Eenie i am trying to stop my useless replies, i am so sorry for causing this :cry: , but sometimes i get forced to answer to some useless replies...I am working on ignoring the "useless messages"...
Hope for better.....
Regards,

`Dj

Post by `Dj »

Well I think that CService is doing it`s best helping users and you should think twice before posting a negative message regarding the Channel Service =)

Thanks ,
`Dj

Totrakan

Post by Totrakan »

1st of all..i'm a man who helped in CS before 4-5 years ago i dunno..
every1 askin question or something else like that times..

Helping in CSC(PLEASE TAKE CARE OUT) is a important JOB..

if NOONE can't get this just TRY TO BE IN #CS try to help in CS...

have you ever been to help 10 person in person by one by? if yes.. you're a goog helper(good helper means that you're a good UNDERNET supportrer, SO meaning a good SUPPORTER OF UNDERNET)just try to be calm down..

TRY TO CALL UP TO UNDERNET'!!!!!

i hope y'all caught me in!
to beer or not to beer shakesbeer..

bellea

Post by bellea »

Rivendale ...

Here you go ... nice posting :)
Thats what i think too I understand they are really busy but they act as regulars would be idiots ... Some are look at kv9
:lol:
Now all ircops can relax ... though i am gone :lol:

kv9

Post by kv9 »

what the hell are you talkin about anyway? and stop it w/ the stupid overpunctuation. is this some kinda thriller movie? is the alien going to eat all the marines in the next two seconds and we should be prepared? is something very so much insightful about to follow that you need to prepare us by setting in some suspense?

this $hit is like a fscking disease. tons of pricks tend to use it. either because of the reasons stated above or because they are hesitant wankers that cant tie up two phrases together and make a valid statement.

and no its nothing personal. its just that you fit the profile of the worm retardia [thats romania for those that arent on the quick side of things] inhabitant that keeps babbling incoherent bull$hit and nagging everybody else about his stupida$$ problems. i mean u just asl`ed me on irc the other day ffs.

get over it. nobody cares. prolly nobody cares about what im yapping about here either. neither do i. im just letting out some steam.

blah.

simba

Post by simba »

Please can we have less of the foul language kv9?

Thanks.
[img]http://www.uk.eu.undernet.org/simba_sig.gif[/img]

kv9

Post by kv9 »

my bad. i would like to apologize to whomever my language offended. that of course excludes bellea.

thank you.

LadyLu

Post by LadyLu »

#cservice is a help chan , not a chat chan, if you need to find friendly people, join into a friendly club. In order to keep the minimum of respect and order in #cservice, most of the ops are forced to kick and ban. This won`t make them unfriendly, you should see them in diffrent occasions and chats. You`d be shoked to notice they ARE very friendly. (Took myself a while to get it.. :roll: , but ignore me, i`m blonde).
The first idea that you didn`t understand as providing this topic is that: when we have to joke, we do it, when we have to work, then let`s work. The second idea would be: don`t speak of things you don`t really know..
Be happy!
PAMELA__ aka Lu^
I`m not a tease, I`m just a reflection of what you cannot please..

GmbH

Post by GmbH »

Ok so CSA r people who help ? Then who answer to users from x@undernet.org this E-mail adress has been disable ? What is wrong here , where we r going. Ask users to send E-mail elsewhere not to x@undernet.org i have send a e-mail there for a e-mail change request from 12-14 June and i have no answer , can someone with *() power can tell me when we will have x@undernet.org Open or if we will have a new Service E-mail ?
[url=http://www.wantedthegame.com/?u=70287][img]http://www.wantedthegame.com/images/forum-signature.jpg[/img][/url]