#zt is a joke

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
kid

Post by kid »

Freedom of speach, indeed. As an adept to the freedom of speach, i feel that the line between simple opinions and rudeness has been crossed to many times

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

You think so ?
I do too ! :-?
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

cArLiLLoS

Post by cArLiLLoS »

Right, kid, and sometimes that happens unwillingly. As a moderator I should request all of you to, please, use these forums with responsability and respect for everyone's opinions and comments. If you don't have anything worthwhile or constructive to say, please, refrain from posting.

On behalf of the forums administration, I thank you all for using these services and sharing your ideas and concerns with everyone.

My best wishes

Carlos

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

I agree...but sometimes when i post something...i get negative replys...and unrespectfull answers...something has to be done
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

Stefano

Post by Stefano »

Well, depends of what you asked or said :)
Stefano Sordini

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

cArLiLLoS wrote: As a moderator I should request all of you to, please, use these forums with responsability and respect for everyone's opinions and comments. If you don't have anything worthwhile or constructive to say, please, refrain from posting.

vs

Stefano wrote:depends of what you asked or said

Respect vs Rudeness Rudeness vs Respect :classic:

ayrshire

Post by ayrshire »

As far as I can tell #zt depends on "volenteer" there.. Ive had times when Ive called the channel a joke, and other times Ive had help within minutes. It does depend on the helper at the time of need, some of them are power mad selfish morons, whom I have no time for... :x

Still, most of the helpers are honest decent people who usually have a bit of extra time to chat after help, which I enjoy :)

cheers #zt

mcengiz

Post by mcengiz »

The offical #zT Website is: http://www.ztchannel.net
Its still under construction but you can find many useful information there.

Still, most of the helpers are honest decent people who usually have a bit of extra time to chat after help, which I enjoy

Well at the moment there are 18 users waiting for help and there are only 2 helpers avaible in the channel. So you can not wait for a chat after you got helped, but in the non-peak times you can chat with zT members, I even remember that an oper was giving receipe about poutines.

Beyond the rules that Kid wrote there is also an another rule that users need help know that, trainees are not allowed to help without a supervisor so if you see helpers in #zT but they are not helpin' its because there is noone to watch them. So Razvanet if you didnt get help from zT it might be there are no chan-ops in the channel to watch trainees. And Beyond all of these people join there and help are all volunteer their times to help, and it's not possible to help 7 days and 24 hours a week.

Any comments feel free to post.

mCengiz @ IRC

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

Oh gee, channels can have emergencies? Did someone die physically who used to be a regular in that channel? Did someone O.D.?
No, probably just the regular takeovers because one of your channelmembers was stupid enough to op the wrong person. Or some lamers joining there floodbots. And thats what you call an emergency ???????

Be glad that some ppl still decide to even do modes ! A lot of opers already got into deep <censored by user> because they did modes in certain circumstances, and many others that used to do em decided not to do them anymore. (I heard some of those reasons and actually agree there).

Yes, I do agree that zT should have more coverage around the clock, but whats the use of having helpers around the clock when there are no opers available in the backchan to perform there requests ?

Regarding the queueing system, ok, I coded it on request, true, but still I think it's a great solution. It's the same like when you go to city hall and have to pick a number, and there you have to wait too, whether you like it or not.

Another fact has been discussed on the forum as well. Too many helpchans. Most of them work the same, and tad is trying hard to get the old group that has splitted now back together since he is the manager. My message to the admins of those other channels is: Stop the hunger for levels and consolidate once again. Only then you will be able to have 24/7 coverage. Only then you can provide a service that treats every case equal, and only then you can make sure that a lamer who got rejected in channel a, can't try again in channel b. Everyone of you thinks he can do better. Stop thinking like that, put your heads together and select the best of all and put them into one single effort.

Providing help has nothing to do with power, levels, influence, it's about dealing with problems, users, lamers, floods. And nothing else.

Oh, btw, little message to razvanet. Could you do us all a favour and stop flooding the forum with useless posts ? Thanks a lot in advance.
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?

YounGun

Post by YounGun »

Razvanet wrote:I have to say...this channel must be a joke....long time ago when i needed their help , i had logs and everything...they didn't help....99% of the time....helpers are not available...service should be improved on this matter

Have u ever spend time on a help channel? Like , really helping users? I think not..
Cuz if u would of done it , u would know that helpers (who are volunteers , meaning that they take time from their spare time to help users like u ) are not always available.
And if haven't helped users , who gives u the right to judge other helpers? Talking bout respect...

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

YounGun wrote:Have u ever spend time on a help channel? Like , really helping users? I think not..

As a matter of fact your thoughts are wrong, i did spend time and i still spend time sometimes helping people moastly on #cservice, but not only, recently not much because i haven't had time.One thing i can for sure tell you there are many people out there that are wiling to help. Right now I don't know anything about #zt, I didn't need their help and I’m thankful that I didn't, I hope I won't have to deal with them again, and the reason it's simple when I needed their help they didn't give me anything as a matter of fact they couldn't have cared less, further more I had logs and they didn't want to help for what reason I don't know and I don't want to get in details...what I know is that at that time I considered all that “#zt stuff” to be a joke !

Regards,

Current Opinion: Hope I'll never need their services

YounGun

Post by YounGun »

Razvanet wrote:
I didn't need their help and I?m thankful that I didn't
and then u write
and the reason it's simple when I needed their help they didn't give me anything

Current Opinion: Hope I'll never need their services

So , as a conclusion , u needed their help or not ? Cuz it isn't 2 clear...
Oh and btw, u say u have helped in #cservice : tell us , u have answered to every person in need of help? Or did u encounter situations when u were busy doing other stuff and could not help ... ?

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

Well to make it clear I DON'T NEED their help and I hope I'll never need it. I did need their help ONCE but it was disapointing so that's why i said what i said ! Hope you understad now, oh and yes i had some times when i was busy and couldn't help each person that needed help...that dosen't mean they didn't get help from someone else !

Regards,

kid

Post by kid »

#CService is a bit VERY different from #zT. Lets take the methods they help, for example. You can join #CService anytime with any problem and someone will be online to answer you, or send you somewhere else, if it's not related to what they help with. That's because the channel is not moderated. That means anyone can ask anytime and a different anyone can answer, anytime. #zT is a moderated channel. When your turn comes to be helped, it's important that you already know what to say, to avoid wasting time for others, be it helpers or other users who're waiting in line.

Lets take the resources a #zT helper needs and a #CService one. For #CService, you need ~3 things to be able to offer solid help: skillz, knowledge 'n' someone to kick your ass when you've made a mistake. If the problem is far beyond your help, there are e-mail addresses where the user can ask for help. But what happens when a #zT helper encounters a problem that he can't help with and is related to the topic? They can request help from an older helper, if available. If not, he'll either have you wait (voiced in the channel), which rarelly happens, tell to you stop by another time or send you somewhere else. Not their fault, not anyone's fault.
If you need help from them, request it by their rules.

Time.
Helping is about giving your knowledge to someone else, doing that by your free will and in your own time. If you don't have time, that doesn't mean you dont want to help, but it certainly means you did not help.

wensu

Post by wensu »

#zt has a grand history of helping the tens of thousands of people on irc since it was born by Try, and at the same time #zt has also taken its more than fair share of abuse from within, from users and from administration itself (disclaimer: personal opinion and experience statement)

at the same time, they do have moments or periods of time where your expectation of being helped is not met. well sorry to say, this is common in everyday life, not everyone gets pleased.

so i guess, you either try someone else, or another channels or even use e-mail to mail another abuse team.

it aint rocket science ....

- wensu