Sugestions regarding X command (automode)

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
thedukesd

Sugestions regarding X command (automode)

Post by thedukesd »

If you have access 25+ on a channel you can use /msg x voice <chan>.
I suggest that a user with access 25+ to be allowed to set automode voice only for his username (same as remuser). If you are able to voice yourself with not to be allowed to set automode voice for your username? Let's say I have access 25 on 10 channel and I don't have automode voice set on any channel and i want to be voiced on all the channels when i join them, the only way i'm able to do that is by using 10 /msg x voice commands flooding X with commands.

Also if you have access 100+ on a channel you can use /msg x op <chan>.
I suggest that a user with access 100+ to be allowed to set automode op only for his username (same as remuser).

Sorry if this suggestions have been already made.
At your service. Please join #alexandria.ro . Thanks.

Etherfast

Post by Etherfast »

That's interesting. I support your idea.
Etherfast

siege

Post by siege »

yeah...that would be neat.
IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

I will tell you why not. What if the channel manager doesn't want the users who can get voice, be autovoiced on join ? What if the channel manager doesn't want ops to be autoopped on join ? If this idea is implemented, users will have the word over the manager regarding autovoice/autoop. Not a good idea at all. That's why there are channel admins. The channels where you have access level to voice/op yourself, but don't have auto voice/op it's done on purpose, otherwise the admins would have set automode voice or op for all added users, don't you think so ?
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]

truenitos

Post by truenitos »

Well I think is a good idea, bcz if the manager of the channel dont want people get autovoiced or auto op when they join then admins need to set RULES about it , and if the users he add dont follow the rules , remuse them, and we evade the flood to X like the user said, 10 msgs to X , 10 commands in differents channels = flood/time... is up to the admins of the channel to set and give the rules out to the users they add.... and I also think that rules about no autovoice/op is just for HELP CHANNELS, cause are the only channels you cant idle voiced, opped or normal... rules are rules... :s
...jonathan gabriel... a.k.a. Truenos
[img]http://chat.beirut.com/ircaddict.PNG[/img]

thedukesd

Post by thedukesd »

Ok. Add 2 new flags to the channel (only manager to be allow to set them):
1) autovoicemode , if this flag is set a user with access 25+ will be allowed to set automode voice only for his username, if it isn't set he won't be allowed
2) autoopmode , if this flag is set a user with access 100+ will be allowed to set automode op only for his username, if it isn't set he won't be allowed

This way the manager can decide if he allow users or not to set the automodes.

truenitos

Post by truenitos »

dude, 400+ on X can add automode

/msg x modinfo <#channel> automode <username> voice

/msg x modinfo <#channel> automode <username> op

but will be better for 25+ can add that mode for himself and dont bother the 400+ asking about it... at the end they always set it when you ask them... or change it to 200+ Regular ChanOp

Etherfast

Post by Etherfast »

Adding a flag to allow someone to modify another flag would be completely off-topic :)
Etherfast

thedukesd

Post by thedukesd »

Flag noop affect automode op.

truenitos

Post by truenitos »

no needed...