[ Bans ] In A Channel

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
Michel`

[ Bans ] In A Channel

Post by Michel` »

As We know that the ban list can contain maximum 300 bans and the ignore list maximum 45 ignores , wich is hard for the channels that they have a large number of abuse in it to stop these abuses , i think that increasing the bans/ignores number is a great idea , for example 900 ban instead of 300 and 300 ignore instead of 45 ...

xplora

Post by xplora »

erm what network are you on? On undernet the channel banlist limit is 45, and there is no channel ignore list, there is your personal /silence list which has a limit of 15, not 45. The 300 figure you are refering to refer's to X's banlist which is a seperate balist and Requires registering the channel to get.

If you really believe you need more than this, I suggest you get a person bot to manage the channel bans. Either way, remember, Undernet has no channel ignore list, personal /silence is 15, Channel bans is 45, and X (with registration) bans is 300.
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee

Michel`

Post by Michel` »

channel ignore list , i mean bans by mode , and they are 45 max
the 300 bans that i was talkin about are the bans through x , and i guess this number should be increased so for example we don't get channel ban list is full when we have 300 ban , maybe it can be 900 instead ..

windox

Post by windox »

agree
Excessive use of alcohol can lead to a pregnancy

Theft

Post by Theft »

Yeah,I agree with that idea,because it's problem for the big channels which has too many users.But if the bans trough X set 900,it can be too high.According to me,it should be 500 instead of 300 and manuel bans can set 100.