Sugestions

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
aMike

Post by aMike »

I think we need to make use of nick registration on X.. so that.. for example, when you login to x, x could check if the nick your register is online, and if its not you, to make it available to you.. maybe a command to also regain the nick.. by changing the other person nick to guestXXX etc

Would save on one hell of a lot of wars, im tired of ppl hammering at you, just because your using a nick, I know it wouldn’t take much on x to get this done.. I mean when u login x has to check your reg anyway.. seems pointless to register a nick just for x, and not follow that to irc its self.. and since its something that only accrues when u login.. it shouldn’t be a real major strain on the existing bandwidth etc.. and since you can only login once.. it will cut down on abuse..

UserAccess

Post by UserAccess »

[quote]
On 2002-09-09 21:45, aMike wrote:
I think we need to make use of nick registration on X.. so that.. for example, when you login to x, x could check if the nick your register is online, and if its not you, to make it available to you.. maybe a command to also regain the nick.. by changing the other person nick to guestXXX etc

Would save on one hell of a lot of wars, im tired of ppl hammering at you, just because your using a nick, I know it wouldn’t take much on x to get this done.. I mean when u login x has to check your reg anyway.. seems pointless to register a nick just for x, and not follow that to irc its self.. and since its something that only accrues when u login.. it shouldn’t be a real major strain on the existing bandwidth etc.. and since you can only login once.. it will cut down on abuse..

Hey...i don`t think that the nick registration is such a good ideea.Point.:smile: and bye

UserAccess

Post by UserAccess »

[quote]
On 2002-09-09 21:45, aMike wrote:

Hey...i don`t think that the nick registration is such a good ideea.Point.:smile: and bye
Catalin_1

simba

Post by simba »

Nickname registration will never be implemented on undernet.

Its something that needs to be installed when a network starts from scratch. If we installed nickserv it would be a big fight for nicknames.

There is a mod.nickserv available in gnuworld for you to download but wont be used on undernet.
[img]http://www.uk.eu.undernet.org/simba_sig.gif[/img]

`Dj

Post by `Dj »

I think we should all listen to Simba-- because he knows the best (from us) what is/will be done with the different services(nick services , etc.) on Undernet.

10x Simba-- :smile:

EL_Polako

Post by EL_Polako »

I think that there is nothing to change in Undernet!

Just as always been done , (UPDATES)!

Freeman^

Post by Freeman^ »

Sometimes a k-line or a g-line is not enough to cool down an abuser because he always can use a fake ip addy. Everyone of us knows how important an under. username is so i was thinking that we can make the abuses less often by introducing a new punishment : this time not x-line but a username suspension. Think about that : an abuser ( wich has an undernet username ) knowing that he might loose his username has to think twice before starting to harass someone...

SrX

Post by SrX »

and if that abuser's not logged in? what should the Undernet officials do then ?
srx.

Freeman^

Post by Freeman^ »

SrX wrote:and if that abuser's not logged in? what should the Undernet officials do then ?

well ... help him to register an username and to login ...
Obviously i was talking about the logged users !!?

bgw

Post by bgw »

LIGHT wrote:More improvements to undernet? ... i`m thinking that undernet allow the server connection to more that 3 connection per host... think about the I cafe`s .. that have one ip.. (i`m in one of those icafe)
and can`t buy anothere one...

You should do somehin to register up the i cafe that have 1 ip .. i donno ... the host to be recognized... and given the amount of host need .. i meen connection per computer.. 7 computers... 6 connection .. or 7 ..
Think about that..

same goes for people like me who access irc only from a library.

shmecherash

Post by shmecherash »

about the ircops" as far as i know only 1 oper per server can do that in the same time. For example A and B are opers on xyz.eu.undernet.org ... only A can route at a time .. B can't route too."
so ....maybe there could be at least 1 who could help....
Dubito Ergo Cogito,Cogito Ergo Sum

Nu-Hir

Post by Nu-Hir »

Even if there is one Oper per server, that doesn't mean that they're goign to be online 24/7. Most Oper's have jobs and/or families to attend to. IRC is not a full time job for these people. They're just normal people, just like you and me, they just happen to have a little something something in the config file for the ircd. :) Nine times out of ten, they have something better to do than op people in channels.

Nu-Hir

Post by Nu-Hir »

As for improvements to Undernet. Let's see...... I don't really see much more to do at the present time. Maybe add a couple of more high speed servers here and there to maybe pick up some slack from Dalnet's recent attacks, but other than that, I don't see anything wrong with Undernet. Keep up the good work guys!

`Dj

Post by `Dj »

I hope DinTn doesn't get angry at me for quoting her . We all know what DRONES are and i think that we all HATE them.First of all I think that many of you know that Undernet had become the 3rd network to surpass the 130,000 simultaneous users plateau. This event of course got many people's attention, and it was widely reported by sites such as IRCJunkie and eyersee.org to name a few. Here is something I found out about it (drones) on a web page :
"While everyone was congratulating Undernet like they just got back from the moon, it seemed statistically impossible that Undernet's user count would jump by 20,000 users overnight. IRCNews suggested that it was possible that the user count was artificially inflated by perhaps a massive botnet, or perhaps IRCers (even Undernet admins?) playing a prank of some sort.
Source: IRCnews.com DinTn, Undernet's Admin-Sec, told IRCNews that there was indeed a major infestation of drones that day, however she also says that even after the drones were dealt with there still was an unusually large number of clients on Undernet.

"The client count is just something our bot tracks. Earlier it had let us know that we had drones connecting at a extreme rate. They reached over 17k drones before the servers began issuing the k lines to stop them. What amazed us was that after a number of servers had brought the connections of these pests down to a couple thousand, we still managed to hit that 134k client count. Our bot doesn't appear to have any political aspirations so we have to take it at its word," said DinTn.

Undernet has ruled out drones, and atleast one of their officials is skeptical (along with us) that it was a high number of individual users that caused the anomalous peak. At any rate, Undernet's user count has returned to normal for the time being, and we are left to scratch our heads and wonder! "

Again , please feel free to post in here your ideas/comments/questions regarding *UNDERNET* and if you have some *good-ideas* about some new things that , you think, that it will help life on undernet turn EVEN better than it is now , please post them here and you will recieve a response as soon as possible.

`Dj

cArLiLLoS

Post by cArLiLLoS »

Individuals running drones/floodbots need mental assistance urgently. Messing up the Internet is like destroying the roads your car has to run through.

I don't personally mind about how many people were in the anniversary. The ones that were there enjoyed a great moment, despite the lamers (which we knew there were going to be).

Thanks to everyone that makes the Undernet possible.

Carlos