Sugestions

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
`Dj

Post by `Dj »

Hi folks! Here in this Forum you can post your different ideas about how can we improve the Undernet , what needs to be done or changed , etc. Hope that we will have some active disscusions here :smile:

`Dj

`Dj

Post by `Dj »

So what do you thing that needs to be changed in order to make Undernet a better place?Or what needs to be done? I am waiting for your ideas and comments ..

Ghost^dog

Post by Ghost^dog »

i think 'we' should easen channel registration....that thingye all suporterz login to X ...well...some dont like that so much....
well...just an ideea...
Anyone poste some more....

cArLiLLoS

Post by cArLiLLoS »

1.- Comply with the network rules: Stay away from illegal activities, don't abuse of the network resources, be polite with everyone, use the Netiquette.

2.- Respect channels rules and users' freedom of speech.

3.- Respect everyone the same way you want to be respected.

All my best

simba

Post by simba »

Undernet is perfect
Dont change anything :smile:

cArLiLLoS

Post by cArLiLLoS »

Nothing is perfect. I would translate "changes" to "improvements" to keep ourselves always going forward.

Anyway, let's wait for others to post their comments. And congratulations to `Dj for his forum.

cArLiLLoS
Usercom member

`Dj

Post by `Dj »

Ty carlos and you are wright , nothing is perfect . I want to ask you ...what do you think about server`s security nowadays.

grobmamae

Post by grobmamae »

facetzi draq un server si in romania asta pe undeva!!! ca merge ca o cioata irc-ul la noi.mai ales pe la salile de net si celor care au net prin dial-up.

DarKz0ne

Post by DarKz0ne »

It would be a good ideea to improve the "quality" of ircops. The problem is that many of them are not to be found and the rest are "busy" with hell knows what. I need some ircop to help me now and NOONE is available. :mad:

crazyl0ve

Post by crazyl0ve »

IRCops' primary work is keeping the network stable and connected, they never have to help users out.
Helping a users for modes and etc. is just an extra for them and we have to be thankful just for this help...

LIGHT

Post by LIGHT »

More improvements to undernet? ... i`m thinking that undernet allow the server connection to more that 3 connection per host... think about the I cafe`s .. that have one ip.. (i`m in one of those icafe)
and can`t buy anothere one...

You should do somehin to register up the i cafe that have 1 ip .. i donno ... the host to be recognized... and given the amount of host need .. i meen connection per computer.. 7 computers... 6 connection .. or 7 ..
Think about that..
Someday i`ll find that Peer and reset his connection.

Wanderring thru the high voltage wires.

DinicaOrbu

Post by DinicaOrbu »

it will be a good idea to see from where people are connecting the most on undernet and try to have there 1 ore more IRC server to easen their connection and make it go faster.You here on undernet just make your own servers and don't really give a damn abt others who are trying to link up.I realise most of them are bad,but you can help them,give them some ideas,not just say no and that's it !!!
oh...and one more thing : for all ya IRCop : go and stay on a password protected server and don't bother us(normal users). Except for some,the rest of ya have a finger stuck up your ....
10x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DinicaOrbu on 2002-08-29 19:32 ]</font>

yourSirXy

Post by yourSirXy »

On 2002-08-21 20:53, Ghost^dog wrote:
i think 'we' should easen channel registration....that thingye all suporterz login to X ...well...some dont like that so much....
well...just an ideea...
Anyone poste some more....

Channel registration is not as strict as you think. Lets say you launch a channel application. Follow these rules:
1) Make sure that your channel is already established and has active members that join it as much as they can.
2) Make sure that the supporters you pick are not supporters in a large number of applications.
3) As a manager of a channel that is in the registration process you need to join your channel as much as you can.
4) Your supporters must login to their usernames before joining the channel, otherwise they will NOT be counted as users that have joined the channel.
5) It's more important that your supporters join your channel then other users that are not counted as supporters to join.
6) It's important that your channel is open to the public (in words more common it's important that your channel is not under +s [Secret] or +p [private] modes.

these are the basic rules .. respect them and you'll get a channel registered in notime .. for more information on that please visit the *Channel Registration AUP* section from HTTP://cservice.undernet.org
Best wishes,
your SirXy

yourSirXy

Post by yourSirXy »

On 2002-08-27 03:47, DarKz0ne wrote:
It would be a good ideea to improve the "quality" of ircops. The problem is that many of them are not to be found and the rest are "busy" with hell knows what. I need some ircop to help me now and NOONE is available. :mad:

When you need a IRCop just join #zT OR #nastrand ; you can find help in there. btw .. go to HTTP://help.undernet.org/ircop too see if IRCops have time to help users that ask for help in privates.
Best wishes,
your SirXy

UserAccess

Post by UserAccess »

grobmamae

Well grobmamae...this undernet.As i can see ... you want a romanian server...well...there are lot of those kind of servers.You can join there...but undernet is the principal irc server.And it`s not made just for one kind of people...undernet is a global irc server.Thank you!
Catalin_1