Invisible mode (X) by default and +x on connect

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
TheAbyss

Invisible mode (X) by default and +x on connect

Post by TheAbyss »

Just an idea: What about set invisible on with X on all users the moment they register themselves by default. Because there are people dont know that others can see their hostmask (even hidden) through X or/and dont know how to hide their informations.

I'm waiting for your oppinions?

Regards,
TheAbyss
Last edited by TheAbyss on Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an Abyss, The Ábyss gazes also into you. ~

Hyper^

Post by Hyper^ »

You're right , there are many users who don't know the invisible command , but there aren't very important info showen even if it's off so i don't think the invisible on - by default - is needed.

With the risc of being off topic i'd like to *hear* some opinions about mode +x by default - on connecting -

Thanx , Hyper^
Watch out your attitude! Follow the white rabbit...

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

Nice idea on the +x and maybe +xi on connect would been a nice addition :) I'm looking forward hearing more oppinions about this.

And btw you are not off topic with this (look at the topic now :P)
Last edited by TheAbyss on Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an Abyss, The Ábyss gazes also into you. ~

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

That would take some resources, like automaticly hidding u`re IP when u connect to irc, even without having a username..dunno for sure though, awayting other oppinions Image
I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

I dont think that its about hiding ur ip without a username, but hiding it automatically when someone logins for example:
* Connected
* Mode +x
Whois stil shows my ip
/msg x@channels.undernet.org login user pass
* Hiding my host/ip without need to know how to hide it via +x mode

:)

Hyper^

Post by Hyper^ »

I'm sure those having psy/bnc won't agree with this (no more vhosts available after login) - and i'm sure it doesen't need many resources - just a few more settings :) .
Watch out your attitude! Follow the white rabbit...

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

Yeap it wont need extra bandwitch too :) i dont think the bnc owners would mind since its not a vhost on every user who connects, just on every user who logins (as it was before)

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

Last edited by Mitko on Fri May 27, 2005 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

hm u r right? what about the /msg x set invisible on on the create of a username

LadyLu

Post by LadyLu »

It is a good idea, in fact i really like it.. would keep many of the newbies safe. still would be a problem, would not work if X is in split and it means be able to hide your ip would mean that the login command and the /mode nick +x command should be sent automatically to X from Y mins/seconds to Y mins/seconds. In case you have a connection that either lags terribly, either works in "waves" at a proper time, in the end X will result being abused and you ignored.
But well, i may be wrong as well.. dunno much about it, it just resulted logical to me..
Good luck!
PAMELA__ aka Lu^
Last edited by LadyLu on Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I`m not a tease, I`m just a reflection of what you cannot please..

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

As about the usermode +x maybe it wont do good for the people who buy vhosts, but about the automated on_create username invisible mode, i dont see how this will harm. Newbies dont know how to hide their information and dont know that someone can view them. By making the /msg x set invisible on automated when someone gets first time log in (even if he doesnt know 1 single command) would be nice (i think)

I'm waiting for more people oppinions. Dont comfuse the 2 ideas please (the 1st idea is /msg x set invisible on by default and the 2nd is /mode nick +x on connect)

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

as about the second one i think that wont be nice for people who bought their vhosts. I'm waiting for more peoples oppinions :)

ZeroSlashe®

Post by ZeroSlashe® »

My opinion:

have +x set by server to user so they (unless they are registered) get Unregisterd.users.undernet.org, once that do already have a username they just get their own. People who are registered already and do not wanna use a set-host from Undernet, they prolly can do -x so they have their own host back incase they have vhost.

Lotta work but atleast it's a combination of the messages in this subject.
[img]http://members.chello.nl/zeroslasher/twat.jpg[/img]