Halfop Mode

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
kapiti

Halfop Mode

Post by kapiti »

Hi,
I think Undernet should introduce halfop mode to channels, this would enable administrators to have greater control over their channels. I searched and noone seems to have bought this up, if there is a good reason why not please let me know.

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

Well I think that the thing that makes UnderNet special is how simple it is... no +cCOT strange modes or anything. Just @s and +v keep it simple to everyone. Half op is something new to learn the 120000 users of it and the halfop wouldnt do any good for me. Just an oppinion =)
~ He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an Abyss, The Ábyss gazes also into you. ~

ZeroSlashe®

Post by ZeroSlashe® »

:roll: or just get hooked with the almighty X and be an halfop
[img]http://members.chello.nl/zeroslasher/twat.jpg[/img]

Homer

Post by Homer »

Yes, Halfop mode would be a great idea and also channels would be controlled better with less takeovers, but as they said, that what makes undernet special, different from other networks.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!

K8oard

Post by K8oard »

TheAbyss wrote:Half op is something new to learn the 120000 users of it and the halfop wouldnt do any good for me. Just an oppinion =)

Half OP mode will do good for others, the average either the beginners, cause they all want to start their own channel projects, since they don`t know how to run a channel, it`s good to have a 'back up' and ofcourse, read the manual (: :lol:
Muzik,...It`s my life...!!!
[img]http://www.djk8oard.com/logos/DjK8oard2.jpg[/img]

Desolate

Post by Desolate »

What's the use of having halfops if you can already give someone, say, level 75 (which would allow them to kick/ban users) and autovoice in X? It gives no greater power of administration to channel admins, it's purely a status symbol...and there's no use in modifying the ircd (which would be more complicated than you think), as well as modifying X just so people can have their little status symbol and say "oooh look, I'm better than you voiced people."

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

Actually, there is halfop mode on undernet but it`s not in the ircd.conf. As desolate said, adding users with level 75 means he`s not an op but has more power than a simple voiced users. So it exists but it`s not a separate user mode.
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

sirAndrew wrote:Actually, there is halfop mode on undernet but it`s not in the ircd.conf. As desolate said, adding users with level 75 means he`s not an op but has more power than a simple voiced users. So it exists but it`s not a separate user mode.

Wrong, there is no halfop (as mode &). That's X access.

Whateva, Undernet is Undernet and we do NOT need any halfop, that will just confuse more than 200.000 users which knows only the OP and VOICE mode. again: we do NOT need halfop :-)
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]

weaser

Post by weaser »

Why give someone halfop ? because you dont trust them enough to give them full op ? then why op them at all ?

Krieger

Post by Krieger »

Well, i think it yould be bette if you won't introduce the halfop mode.
This will be another reason for users on channels to arque about so it is better this way.
:: Zu lieben und geliebt zu werden- ist der größte Glück auf Erden ::