//msg x set $chan Xlog on/off

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
O_ECLIPSE

//msg x set $chan Xlog on/off

Post by O_ECLIPSE »

Hi, i read sometimes people complainings about take overs, some bad remusers and addusers, a log on X to detect what the operators from chan are doing with the chan, ans some others stuffs.
So, about it, i have an idea that can help the managers from your chans:
Its a command set by X that enable or disable a log for all the commands made on the chan (like, adduses, remuses, bans, kicks, setting options, etc), or, unless for all commands, X logs only critical commands, like remuses, and others commands that its impossible for others to know who change what, like setting some options, remuses, etc, but, unless X maintain the log, its sends emails for the manager (the email from 500, and 1 mail for day or week). So, the manager can handle your operators and the things that they do when he is offline.
But, of course, i aways read about X being overloaded, lacking of bandwidth, things like this, and i dont know how a such command like this can overload X or the servers, but, if the comsumption of resources for this command repay the cast resources, i think it will be a good idea.
Well thats it and thats my idea.

Bye bye and see ya :P

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

Well the correct place to post this is in Channel service help anyhow use search before you post :P there are allready many topics about this and someone already said about adding a log command :D
~ He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an Abyss, The Ábyss gazes also into you. ~

O_ECLIPSE

Post by O_ECLIPSE »

Ok, sorry, so, delete this post.

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

Actually TheAbyss, this post is where it should be, because this is the "how can we improve undernet" section...and O_ECLIPSE just suggested a command that could prove benefic for undernet.. :P
I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

true but i'm relay comfused... i can found about 10 more posts about improving X commands in this forum and in different sections each one :D i should use search too :D

/me hides
~ He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an Abyss, The Ábyss gazes also into you. ~

adrenalin

Post by adrenalin »

//0 That would be a great new feature.. But i don't think what that will ever be implemented..

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

oh sure......yeah nice ideea....somehow this new feature is implemented in x codes, you can view who added/last modified an access, kicks have reasons and when a user gets kicked X specifies the username that type the kick command. The /msg x remuser #channel username -modif has been talked about before and we got nowhere as it is quite dumb, you can view who added a ban on the website....

Most of the information you request already exists and can be viewed by the manager....

But we get to what YounGun said on another topic related to new x commands: Managers should only add as admins on their channels(+400) only people they trust. That`s all it takes to avoid any problems that might appear on channels.

A good user is not necesarelly a good op.
And a good op is not always a good admin.

Try thinking about that before adding someone to your channel with +400
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Homer

Post by Homer »

and again, that will require too much data, and when I'm saying too much data, it' really much!
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

O_ECLIPSE wrote: (like, adduses, remuses, bans, kicks, setting options, etc),

adduser:

Code: Select all

/msg x access #channel username -modif

ban:

/msg x lbanlist #channel hostmask

kick: (simple type this on your mIRC client)

/log on

remuser - that's why only 400+ can adduser/remuser ( so add only trustable users )

sirAndrew wrote: you can view who added a ban on the website....

O_ECLIPSE you can also use the command that I told before:

/msg x lbanlist #channel hostmask ( or you can use * )

so better go to http://cservice.undernet.org/docs/ and see the X commands ;-)

and btw: using of the term *TAKE OVER* in Registered channel with the X bot, it's kind of funny.

Other thing:(no offence) but this happens only in lame channels with lame owners which "TRADE" 499 for 499 access, and then the one with 499 in the one channel will make *take over* ( yeah looks stupid ) and will remove the access of the other person in his channel.. so that's not *TAKE OVER* .. ;-) It can be just "MASSBAN" but not *take over*.
*TAKE OVER* is if someone STEAL your channel without your knowlegde, and that can NOT happen in registered channel ( that's why the users are registering the channels with the X bot ).

and btw, the result of adding this kind of command is: X lagged ( think about the bandwidth ;) )

Anyway im going out of topic, I will stop here. :-)
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko