Send them the username too

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

angelic1 wrote:Hello,

Personally, I can only see that this thread affects people who register MORE than one username, which is against the Channel Service Acceptable Use Policy.

As we are only meant to register ONE username, I don't see how you could easily forget it.

Regards,

U`re right..but let`s face it..more than 50 % of Undernet has multiple usernames..I only opened this thread only as a suggestion..i was kinda aware of your answeres...it`s just that in my experience as a volunteer..i encountered lots of ppl who forgot their username and knew the password..anyway.. :roll:
I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

Kaac

Post by Kaac »

Yes, Simba, registering ONLY one username would not make you forget it. Generally, abusers forget their usernames. If someone chooses an unique nickname, representing him or her and use it, as this is the purpose of registering it, then it would not be forgotten. But many people register usernames like ILoveMaria and stuff like this, or IAmALamer, like someone said above. To be honest, I also abused, but not quite, eh. I mean, I register an username and then had to change it for personal reasons, that most people would not understand. I used about 5 usernames, but only one is "alive" today, as the others expired. But that is another story, eh. Anyway, my point is that choosing an unique username and not having more usernames would not lead to forgetting it.

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

Abuser :D *G*

* Wolfyx files a report :)
I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

lemuel

Post by lemuel »

1 username per 1 user only. That would be great.

GmbH

Post by GmbH »

Undernet.org must turn of the project at x@undernet.org they must have time to answer on the e-mails. LoL i think that i pouse a form for changin` my E-mail adress on 12-15 June 2004 and i didn`t get any answer , #usernames should make a Official E-mail where users could get help. I think that helpers don`t know what to say about changein` a e-mail adress and send users to write e-mails to x@undernet.org and from there you can`t get a answer. Problems with username ... before i have username : GmbH i had username : houseman , and this username i gived to a friend. That username has no functional e-mail ( this username is registered 4 years ago ) when we users on undernet could make usernames with @yahoo.com or @hotmail.com I`m waitin` for a answer and this problems that we users have :devil:
[url=http://www.wantedthegame.com/?u=70287][img]http://www.wantedthegame.com/images/forum-signature.jpg[/img][/url]