Become a Moderated Network

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
HomerSimpson

Post by HomerSimpson »

Last edited by HomerSimpson on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spike

Post by Spike »

A very big "NO".

For the simple reason that "illegal stuff" is impossible to define. What you are asking for is some kind of "censorship-com" that decides which channels/users are allowed... And each channel they decide to close for whatever reason is going to cause a lot of whine or worse.
Last edited by Spike on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TxnerT

Post by TxnerT »

very big YES
Dont Quit. Quitters Are Loosers!

HomerSimpson

Post by HomerSimpson »

Edited: In the interest of maintaining as much thread integrity as possible, I am providing the original post by Homer, before he edited it.

-----Homer's edited version is below-----

Follow your dreams folks, and don't ever let anyone tell you what you cannot accomplish.
Last edited by HomerSimpson on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

SirLinux

Post by SirLinux »

YES

Apelsin4ik11

Post by Apelsin4ik11 »

PRO (YES)

gun
Location: Disclosing location would violate the covenants of the Witness Protection Program

Post by gun »

very big "YES".
I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Spidel

Post by Spidel »

I agree but as optimistically as your post sounds, Undernet will not change the unmoderated policy. I would definitely want to see all illegal channels 'closed' as you do.
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."

xplo

Post by xplo »

Spidel wrote:I agree but as optimistically as your post sounds, Undernet will not change the unmoderated policy. I would definitely want to see all illegal channels 'closed' as you do.

Like my father used to say. When the company is not caring enough to go with the employees's votes, its time to change the boss. and if you can't change the boss. start up a new company.
Read between the lines. (Together, we CAN)
Go to hell with your questions, my time is done here. It was fun, but this network is sooooo corrupted by morons, its not worth it.

Tapu21

Post by Tapu21 »

If is something important and beautiful for our servers lets change, why not.

A very big YES

seamuso

Post by seamuso »

Yes

truenitos

Post by truenitos »

YES :)
...jonathan gabriel... a.k.a. Truenos

SlaM

Post by SlaM »

In the first place i want to say hello to all who post & write on the Forum

Everything that Sanitarium told it's true ...

A BIG YES

But my question for him is : "You put allot of accent on the +Dd and other modes" for channel protections . But how about the SYN and UDP flood , that the users and the servers receive ? What about them .. who's gonna fix this problem ? The modes ?

And beside if u close a channel , they don't care .. They run special private ircd's , loaded with bots for FLOOD. How can u stop that ? Or who can stop that ?

Brax

Post by Brax »

Definitely YES

Allowing/tolerating illegal activity in your Network/Server equals encouraging illegal activity.
If you allow people to do illegal things in your network then you are providing them place for their illegal activities and that makes you equally bad.
Stating in MOTD or RULES that illegal activity is forbidden but actually not doing anything to shut down channels with sole purpose of illegal activity is ALLOWING illegal activity.

If you don't want drugdealers run their business from the apartment building that you manage/own then why are you okay with them running their business from the IRC servers that you manage/own?

Huggins

Post by Huggins »

well, i vote Yes, but doubt anything will ever come of it

There are 4538 users and 44493 invisible on 23 servers

i easily remember when it used to be over 120,000+, either way the only people that will remain here is the illegal channels/trading/etc and the old school boys who will never leave, either way i`ll be here untill the last server /squit's...

as for shutting the channels down, it will be pretty easy.. /gchan , just like #linuxsex and other channels have been, but anyway, doubt it'll happen and i doubt the powers that be will even be reading this..