Adding memos to Undernet Usernames

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
MartYanu2

Adding memos to Undernet Usernames

Post by MartYanu2 »

Hi folks,

What about implementing memos to Usernames? I'm trying for months to reach someone and I never do
Something like: /msg X memo <username> <message>
And when the username logs in, it will recive: -X- You have one memo from <username> <message_here>
When the memo is sent, X can notice the user who sent it about the memo that it recived, like: -X- Your memo for <username> have been reached by destination.
I'm trying to get some best answers from proper persons that are in charge for that (coders)
And no, notify is not a good solution, what if that person who I'm trying to reach logs in with another nickname?

xplora

Post by xplora »

Annoyingly such a system would get abused, especially when you already have a better option called email. :(

Also a common reason for connecting and logging in with a different nick is to defeat notify systems, a memo system would of course also defeat that, since then someone you don't want to have messages from would have a way to get hold of you.

This question has also been asked before ... viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2588
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee