Racism on Undernet..or all Romanians are retarted ?

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
Katana

Post by Katana »

hehm i think for some users is not so easy to get trought...this polemic will start again from time to time... if not from .ro users it will start from .world users...
Vox Clamantis in Deserto

YounGun

Post by YounGun »

Neah ... Noone hates romanians. They all are very nice , inteligent ppl 8)
They do not flood more than other ppl do (although i seem to remeber the bigest flood undernet has ever seen was directed from Romania).
Let's not forget that the biggets undernet channel is #Romania... so romanians like chattin :) But my question is : Are there any romanians Ircops ?
[img]http://wiki.castlecops.com/images/f/f6/MVPLogo1w.gif[/img]

reality

Post by reality »

Godwin's Law kicked in on page 2 of this discussion...

puterfixer

Post by puterfixer »

Yes, YounGun, there are several Romanian IRC operators who manage the Undernet server in Romania, bucharest.ro.eu.undernet.org. They are _tim_ and Mr_RIP, as seen in the MOTD. Also, in the menu bar on Undernet's site, click Servers then the server name to see more information about it, including (some of) its operators.

YounGun

Post by YounGun »

Thanx :)

wensu

Post by wensu »

like in every other society on this planet there are some fools who ruin the reputation of the society they represent.

i for one have a dislike for those .ro individuals who menace irc networks, but this dislike is also for other undesireable people who i tend to aviod, let it be hard drug addicts, criminals, and the like, etc you get my drift. however these peoples behaviour may change over time, but it's unlikely to happen .... but who knows, people change don't they?

i guess, saying your opinion of what you feel is your god given right, and you may express it as you like. however it's the way people react to your opinion which may cause offence, so as the saying goes, "you made your bed you sleep in it" (or similar depending on how you want to say it). so if you're called a racist, so be it, thats their opinion, and they are allowed to express it.

- wensu

YounGun

Post by YounGun »

Ok, so u are telling us that u have nothing against romanians?
Cuz everybody seems to have sthng against us..
BUT all EU member countries say out loud : Racism and Xenofobia ( i don't know if i spelled corectly) will not be tolerated.. Nonsence. french,belgians,brits, are the most xenofobic persons I have ever seened.. just the other day I was having a discussion with a french person.. ( in french , of course) ; and at a given time, he sayed : "How can u pronuonce that "r" so badly".. and i was like .. Excuse Me? This is my third foreign language.. how many foreign languages can u speak? .. the guy was like " I gotta go".
:-? See my point?

And now it's time for a little joke..

how do u call a person that speaks only one language?
american :D

puterfixer

Post by puterfixer »

YounGun wrote:how do u call a person that speaks only one language?

A better answer would be "not educated". Some people don't speak correctly even their native language, some can't read or write it, but that doesn't mean they are Americans. Look around you: your nation is not composed solely of individuals who are able to speak two or more languages.

wensu wrote:like in every other society on this planet there are some fools who ruin the reputation of the society they represent.

I couldn't have said it better. There's no racism or xenophobia, it's simply a matter of bad image perpetuated by the same kind of behaviour and the inability, as a whole, to progress, to grow up, to learn. This process was pretty long for some countries, such as Malaysia whose Internet boom brought everybody at the corner cafe on IRC, but they eventually became educated in this new communication environment. However, they made an effort in this direction. On the other hand, I don't see any control or at least some guidance over the Romanian teenagers who get online more and more every day and immitate each other - especially the bad habits. Parents don't care, teachers don't care, kids don't care. No wonder they grow up thinking "hy" is the correct spelling of "hi", that it's OK to fake their identity in order to steal someone else's username and password, that someone who has a "root" or a "boot" (it's called a BOT, people, not BOOT; bot comes from "robot" while the boots are on your feet when you go out in the winter!) and is able to flood others offline is to be appreciated, admired for his skills. Anyone with common sense outside Romania will monitor their children's computer and Internet usage. In Romania, most parents don't know how to use the mouse.

"Retarded" implies the inability of the brain to grow and execute its normal, complex functions at a normal speed; it's a medical condition and can hardly be improved. The lack of education, however, CAN be fixed, as long as someone becomes involved in it. Next time you are sitting next to a kid who threatens others online or uses stolen credit cards, be a responsible adult and at least tell him it's wrong. It will take 5 minutes of your time but maybe he will learn something from it. That's progress.

K8oard

Post by K8oard »

YounGun wrote:Are there any romanians Ircops ?

Like puterfixer wrote that already not to mention the Bucharest.* admin and the only one oper afaik, I`ll mention that soon Lampa became an oper, Local oper. I`ll mention that to see her logged in as IRCop You must /whois nick nick her twice, same as You`re checking someone`s idle. Also there is zmeuNY that lives in New York for a long time as I have been told and runs the Fairfaix.* along with MReedB, Saralee and others

*** Best regards... ***
Muzik,...It`s my life...!!!
[img]http://www.djk8oard.com/logos/DjK8oard2.jpg[/img]

GreatOne

Post by GreatOne »

there is more to come hehehehe

Windu

Post by Windu »

wensu: do you dislike me too? :wink:
I am a romanian and I am proud of it. I fight to make people see that are a lot of romanian very smart and great people and stuff. Finaly, YES, I think 90% people all over the world (IRC and Real Life) when they hear about a .ro they have a bad feeling about it. Tell me I am wrong. Can you?

:devil:

heineken

Post by heineken »

puterfixer wrote:No, Romanians are not retarded. They are simply irresponsible, considering that on Internet they are allowed to do anything they want under the protection of anonimity. They lack the education needed to behave properly in society, both the education received at home and in school. They misunderstand what "freedom" is, and if there's a way to abuse something they will most certainly find it. Take the username registration for example: Undernet asked nicely to "register one username per person". Some Romanians thought, "oh, it's free... how about I register a couple hundred usernames, register a few channels with them, then make a profit out of it too?" I've seen newspaper ads for "Undernet username for sale - hundreds available". Now people complain for not being able to register usernames from Romania; you should thank those abusers for it. Is there a lesson to be learned from this? Sure is: don't do something which can get back at you. Will most Romanians learn the lesson? Probably not. They will simply use proxies to register more usernames, and not consider the consequences. Most Romanians will not learn to behave until they are forced to do so, either by fines or jail time for illegal activities online, or the requirement of a valid Computer Driving License in order to use any computer - and which can be revoked if the person proves to be a complete irresponsible idiot. But that's almost sci-fi.

*** Isn't it sad that ppl like him exist? ... That he can be so naive to believe that his idea about how the internet should be, isn't taken for granted by everybody? That ppl pushed by misery and frustration can be smarter than him? And about the " ... the requirement of a valid Computer Driving License in order to use..." ......hahahha get a life man, take a shower, get laid, buy a pistol, and try kill yourself, u'll do humanity a favor. ***

kv9

Post by kv9 »

its sad indeed that stupid ppl exist. and i dont mean him. i mean wannabe assholes that abuse bold and punctuation [yes its a word look it up].

i bet you take three showers a day eh? but it doesnt wash the stupidity right? furstrating id say. even *miserable* ?

if i were him id buy a gun and kill you. he wouldnt do anybody a favor because tons of dipshits like you would still be around yapping bullshit but at least hed feel good about himself for a few seconds.

meh.

heineken

Post by heineken »

I didn't understandt why americans, hate the french; now i do... they have something up their ass all the time, thinking they are better....

kv9

Post by kv9 »

in other news ufos sighted in bolivia. as in whats the fscking connection.

......hahahha get a life man, take a shower, get laid, buy a pistol, and try kill yourself, u'll do humanity a favor.

oh wait i think i got it. *you* are french.