Ban on raw events ?

You can post in here ideas and comments on how you think we could improve things on undernet.
Garp

Ban on raw events ?

Post by Garp »

At the moment it is usual to ban on a hostmask. Somebody with nick!ident@user.domain.tld can't join the channel, if there is a mode +b against him.

This ban method has some disadvantages. If you have a channel with a heavy userload, you can't use a 'strong ban' cause the 'colateral damage' towards innocent users is enorme.

But there are the raw replies for example on who and whois. They return stuff like entries in the real name field or the channels where they are on.

Why not creating a new 'class' of bans as a standard feature of undernet? at the moment we notice that commercial "reclam bot" services join channels and sit there and send advertising to users. We ban them by a raw event but it is more or less complicated.

Or the check on join, if a user shares another 'bad' channel. It is done at the moment by bots and mostly on join. a op or a bot seldom checks if you have joined a bad channel, when you are sitting in a chan.

is the ban on a real name field a good idea? It would prevent the advertising of lame scripts and it would help to keep undernet as the tehcnical leading network :o)

K8oard

Post by K8oard »

Now You tell me why there is soppouse to be an option to ban $fullname raw information... there is something interesting in Your request, it is very easy to do it... like: we don`t ban the channels the users is in, we ban the fullname for a specific list of unwanted $fullname... anyway it will look like that, instead adding the raw $chan string, we will set the raw $fullname one...

on 1:JOIN:#: { .chanscan $nick }

alias chanscan {
if (# ischan) { set -u15 %bps.chan # }
elseif ($2 ischan) { set -u15 %bps.chan $2 }
;stores the channel to kick the user from in a variable
set -u15 %bps.319 1
.whois $1
}

raw 319:*:{
echo $me Info - $2 is on $3-
if (%bps.319) {
haltdef
if (*warez* iswm $3-) || (*hack* iswm $3-)
set -u10 %bps.found 1
;one of the channels the user is on is containing the word warez or the word hack
}
}
}

raw 318:*:{
if (%bps.319) {
haltdef
if (%bps.found) { ban %bps.chan $2 | kick %bps.chan $2 Please be out of %bps.chan while on any forbidden channels !!! | .echo WARNING: Ban $2 in # on %tddy Reason: One or two forbidden channels... }
;if the variable was set in raw 319, the user is in one or more bad channels, kick him.
else { .echo User $2 joined # on %tddy and there are no bad channels. }
}
.timer 1 5 unset %bps.*

NOTE: So instead of adding the $3- (which stands for the channels that the user is on) on RAW319 we will set the different raw number and different string... like: ( pay attention )

raw 311:*:{
echo $me Info - $2 is $3 $+ @ $+ $4 * $6-
;where $2- = nickname
;where $3 = IDentD
;where $4 = IP/Host
;where $6- = Fullname
if (%bps.319) { haltdef }
}
}

The rest I`ll let You to see how we will run the script with...

IDEEA: ;where $6- = Fullname <---- This is what You`re looking for, it is easy to be made, is that You have to tell us a good reason to add a bot to scan a specific reason to add a ban (depence on the ban field) for a forbidden fullname ((: ( /me grins )
Muzik,...It`s my life...!!!
[img]http://www.djk8oard.com/logos/DjK8oard2.jpg[/img]

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

hmmm, undernet currently does support realname g/klines using $R<mask>
however, if you would want to support some true nice form of bans, then regexp might be an option, regexp would have all the support you'd need :)
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?

Garp

Post by Garp »

Sure, you can ban on raw 311 or 319, you can get all this stuff but it needs aditional codings. I see many channels around, where the owner the manager and the channelops have no clue how to type /help /on:TEXT ... they need a help.

I just suggested we could have the real name field ban as a 'Feature' for the channels. It would keep this lamers away who enters maxlim channels just for ... showing their script in their part and quit messagtes, who have the script name in their ~ident and stuff like "protected by lame-script" in their ctcp finger reply.

it is a little feature and I would think a coder wouldn't need much time to make such bans possible and .. it would make undernet a little better, different from other networks

by the way, what was the finger server about?

Garp

Post by Garp »

our chan's coding comitee worked out on this thingy here. You see it looks more complicated then yours .. and we aren't finished with it.

Next step is to have the bad real names in a hash table and .. don't go into the files. Should make it faster.

Now I go and check your code :) :P K8ord

Code: Select all

; a switch for convenience :)
#dronescan off

on 1:JOIN:#channel: .whois $nick

; we do a whois on all users to get the needed repy ...

raw 311:*:  {
; we initialisice a variable %m ( do we need to do that?)
  inc %m
; ... store the realname reply in a variable (we strip colors and stuff out)
  set %raw311- $+ %m  $strip($6-)
; and we store the nick in a variable with the same number
  set %nick- $+ %m $2
; now we are ready for our command
  drone
}

alias drone {
  if ($me isop #gay) {
    set %i 0
; we are in a loop .. we have a list in a file named badrealnames.txt with around 70 bad real names.
    :checknames
    inc %i 1
    set %badrealname $read -l $+ %i badrealnames.txt
    if (%badrealname == $null) { .unset %i | goto end }
    else {
      if (%badrealname isin $eval($+(%,raw311-,%m),2)) { goto ban }
      else { goto checknames }
    }

; here we go into the ban. we fetch the %i and get the offenders nick from our variable's list
    :ban
    kick #gay $eval($+(%,nick-,%m),2) confirmed drone - bye bye!
    ban -u7200 #gay $eval($+(%,nick-,%m),2) 2
    goto end

}
  :end
; we do some cleaning
  if (%m > 20) {
    unset %raw31*
    unset %nick*
    unset %badrealname
    unset %m
  }

}

#dronescan end

; and we have some little silly menue items

menu menubar,channel {
  DroneScaner:
  .ON: .enable #dronescan | echo -a 15 NOTICE: 10The script for checking drones has turned on.
  .OFF: .disable #dronescan | echo -a 15 NOTICE: 10The script for checking drones has turned off.
  .Edit realnames: .run notepad.exe badrealnames.txt
}

Get me right, we aren't coding freaks, we are like 'normal users' who like undernet as a good place. I am writer .. I just see the need to code something to keep this lame advertisers out.

K8oard

Post by K8oard »

OUTsider wrote:hmmm, undernet currently does support realname g/klines using $R<mask>
however, if you would want to support some true nice form of bans, then regexp might be an option, regexp would have all the support you'd need :)

Who or what is regexp anyway ?

I`m not updated with all those new things coming lately...
Muzik,...It`s my life...!!!
[img]http://www.djk8oard.com/logos/DjK8oard2.jpg[/img]

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

regexp = regular expression
for more info check http://www.google.com/search?q=regexp :)

adrenalin

Post by adrenalin »

Regular Expresion would be a good solution.. But that could create a lot of backdraws..

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

resourcehogs for example