New X commands should be added !

Ask your questions about ircu and GNUWorld, share your ideas, and help the coders in their work.
Homer

Post by Homer »

Thats why some of them have the help command, to be used :)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

I`m sorry Homer but if the website is down and the gnuworld part on irc is running and an application is in traffic checking the ckeck-up continues....the website for normal users is just a portal to view certain kind of information and if the website is down doesn`t mean that the application process stops.
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Homer

Post by Homer »

sirAndrew wrote:I`m sorry Homer but if the website is down and the gnuworld part on irc is running and an application is in traffic checking the ckeck-up continues....the website for normal users is just a portal to view certain kind of information and if the website is down doesn`t mean that the application process stops.

If an application is still in traffic check noone will be able to move on the application to notification stage, although, this applies to the other stages. Yes, the process continues but it won't be reviewed so it will still be in the same field as it was.

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

Uhm..dunno if u guys know, but the traffic check stage to --> notification stage is automatic..it is made after a number of joins..so noone has to check it to move it into notification..`tis automatic :P
I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

Homer

Post by Homer »

You might be wrong or else I am, as I know it has to be review by an official to be moved to the notification stage. When it will be reviewed multiple usernames, abuse, supporters and other facts will be viewed and if any if them be found the application will be rejected. If you ever worked/played with X, you know what I'm saying.

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

Those things u were saying are reviewd in the notification stage..trust me :wink:

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

WolfyX is right. On undernet almost every channels is registered automaticly without any intervention from an admin thanks to the registering system called thejudge. Even without that system the stages of the process were change by gnuworld, as the only job of the admin is to review the application after it passed traffic checking. With thejudge system now admins only have to review applications that have 1 or more objections.
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Homer

Post by Homer »

Thanks for correcting me then :D

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

And the notification stage is checked by officials, they can reject it without neceseraly consulting an admin..or they can pass it on the the next step

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

The topic is " New X commands should be added ! " and your comments are really OFF topic :) (You are talking about the REGROC)

Let me comment TheTerror's ideas..

TheTerror wrote:or maybe it would be useful to add auto-op for a certain host, since some people don't have the possibility of creating a cservice username
also it would be good against takeovers to protect the modes (so a user won't be allowed to set a +k or +i mode if the manager or 450+ users don't want to)

I think if you need to add someone "auto-op" to your channel, just add him with access level 100 (if STRICTOP is on) or even level 1 (if STRICTOP is OFF), then modify the automode to OP. Anyway, you are talking about people without *X* USERNAME. So if they are NOT registered to use the Channel Service's commands/features why should the Undernet Channel Service Bot SERVE them ? Think about that. :-) So if you need to add auto-op for a certain host you can add on your psyBNC, eggdrop, darkbot, or any bot + even mIRC has "add AUTO-OP" feature.

TheTerror about "PROTECT AGAINST TAKEOVERS" in channels with X, you really need to read the YounGun's posts. *** 100+ level = Channel Operator *** well don't add someone to be an operator in your channel if you don't trust him. isn't LOGICAL ?

I don't have other comments.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]