New X commands should be added !

Ask your questions about ircu and GNUWorld, share your ideas, and help the coders in their work.
YounGun

Post by YounGun »

None taken.

I wasn't reffering to a certain person, i was refering to a group of people who think (do they really?) that Undernet coders are there to ensure foolproof channels, that cannot be ruined by faulty and idiotic management.

If you start a channel you need to know the Channel Service AUP and the X commands, that you will see after you login with your username at the Cservice Web Interface . You also need to have a basic comprehension of the access levels.

If you can't understand that, or you are too lazy to read : 1. You shouldn't have a registered channel 2. You deserved what was coming to you

Sorry for my previous post I was a bit harsh, but I wasn't wrong.
[img]http://wiki.castlecops.com/images/f/f6/MVPLogo1w.gif[/img]

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

Wrong? No you weren`t.

Harsh...sure was.....

Yes people should understand that but it`s not their fault they don`t know such things. If i`m not wrong #opschool is dead for a while and it would be nice if people who take care of that project(i`m not sure who currently takes care of #opschool but i`ll check it out and modifie my post as soon as i have those informations) should put their butts to work as host a class for channel managers, channel admins etc.

Not just how to use the commands but what it means to be a channel manager, what dutties that imiplies etc.

That will save us on the forum from answering to ideeas such as a /msg x remuser #channel username -modif command.
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Homer

Post by Homer »

as the opschool page says, they are suppose to do atleast 2seasons per week on different timezones, but since the 2004 year only 1 has been done that was around 10GMT

Also TheBeast take care of the opschool seasons.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

*knock* *knock* Welcome to the Undernet coder committee forum

move this discussion to another part of the forum please :)
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?

Omikron

Post by Omikron »

uhm I've got an ideea about a new X command, don't know if it's been discussed before, don't know if it's allready available (I haven't managed to find it if it is :roll: ) uhm so it's like this:
Could we have X/UWorld managing host-hiding? I'm not talking about general-public usable commands, I'm talking about functions that only authorised people could use, something to change the host of the person using the command. (turning it from whatever@host.address.org into whatever@a.different.host.com).
I'm asking about this as I've got a few people that don't at times want to log into their user accounts because as soon as someone does a VERIFY on them they show up as network representatives, yet they want to keep their IP private as to keep the ... bad people away...
Sorry if I'm asking a question that's already been asked but I saw the topic and I hope no one minds.
Thanks!

ZeroSlashe®

Post by ZeroSlashe® »

it's actually quite simple for those "people" to hide their host since it's already available on the network itsself.

First do:

Code: Select all

/mode (yournick) +x

and after that just login with X... it just takes 0.1 sec to get the userhost once u logged in with X ...
[img]http://members.chello.nl/zeroslasher/twat.jpg[/img]

Omikron

Post by Omikron »

yes, BUT, once you log into X and if you have adiministrative access to X, anyone doing a VERIFY on you will see that you're part of the admin staff.
And that leads to the problem I've already pointed out.
Anyway it was just a thought don't want to get flamed over it or anything...

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

IRCops have the ability to /sethost or to S:line if you mean something like that
~ He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an Abyss, The Ábyss gazes also into you. ~

ULtimaTe_

Post by ULtimaTe_ »

to Omikron: such a thing is not ment for services to be doing, you'd have to implement that in the ircd. Something as /sethost, which is not an IRCu feature. Asuka (Quakenet variant of IRCu) has that command!

to TheAbyss: no, on undernet they don't afaik! Quakenet-opers have that ability but undernet-opers don't ;)

grtz
--Ulti
4 those about to rock ...

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

I`d suggest something like /msg x checkapp #channel to be implemented, to check the apps of channels..now that the cs site is down, this could proove to be usefull, or in any cases, when the user can`t access the site..Any opinions on this?
I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

Homer

Post by Homer »

Wolfyx wrote:I`d suggest something like /msg x checkapp #channel to be implemented, to check the apps of channels..now that the cs site is down, this could proove to be usefull, or in any cases, when the user can`t access the site..Any opinions on this?

There isn't bots who does that job? Lets take OUTsiders bot that does the job very well, Arlington's bot and there are more and more.

Site down? The channel application would keep the same status.

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

I know they keep the same status, but other users don`t know that, anyways..dunno if it would take that many resources for the coders to add that command to X

Homer

Post by Homer »

It won't take much space since its already holding the channel applications in the database. But since there are bots that do this, why its need?

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

Coz most users don`t know how to use those bots, X is more common to them

TheTerror

Post by TheTerror »

or maybe it would be useful to add auto-op for a certain host, since some people don't have the possibility of creating a cservice username
also it would be good against takeovers to protect the modes (so a user won't be allowed to set a +k or +i mode if the manager or 450+ users don't want to)