New X commands should be added !

Ask your questions about ircu and GNUWorld, share your ideas, and help the coders in their work.
Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

They might, but as i can see new commands are need it and they are doing nothing, except removing commands one by one... :-?
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

evi|one

Post by evi|one »

Razvanet wrote:... as i can see new commands are need...

What new commands? You're with the "let's do something" attitude, but you don't give any useful ideas. They won't add new commands just because you think the list is too short.
I am a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

Well as i said before, ideeas exist but no one takes them in consideration...."Suspend with reason" !
What about that ?
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

evi|one

Post by evi|one »

There are at least two separate topics for that. You started one of them, remember?

http://www.undernet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=809
I am a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

Yes i do, but still this is not an answer, you changed the subject...we were talking about ideeas for new x commands..not only suspension with reason...but to be able to see who remuved a user from the channel will be good, at least for 48 hours after...then the information can be deleated, this will be helpfull for some people

Boogie

Post by Boogie »

...."Suspend with reason" ... ya Razvanet thatz a good ideea & what about X to suspend us when were trying to flood him withs msg ???
"E.C.S.T.A.S.Y. Why? Cause I like to get high." (Rob Gee)

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

Boogie wrote:...."Suspend with reason" ... ya Razvanet thatz a good ideea & what about X to suspend us when were trying to flood him withs msg ???

X does suspend you for that by silencing you :) This is a form of ignore, so you will be unable to send commands to it. So your request for something like that is kinda uhm.. obsolete.

Boogie

Post by Boogie »

:)))) okay :D
"E.C.S.T.A.S.Y. Why? Cause I like to get high." (Rob Gee)

Neptun

Post by Neptun »

Hello, i have 2 suggestions regarding adding new stuff to X:

How`bout if X had a new flag that when enabled would not allow anyone to kick or ban someone with higher access on that chan. (/msg x set <#channel> no_higher_acc_kb <on|off>) I think many channel managers would find this quite useful, as it would help prevent many takeovers trough X.

Another idea would be to keep a sort of log/history of the commands ran trough X in the last hour or half-hour, log that can be accessed by the users with acc > 450.

I understand that this second idea might be unpractical due to resources needed to store all the extra information but i`m sure the 1st one could be added with no problems IF it`s found useful that is javascript:emoticon(':)')
Proud like a god, don`t pretend 2 be blind

Mal`GaniS

Post by Mal`GaniS »

Razvanet i support you in this topic !!!

Razvanet wrote: "Because some of the X commands had been removed due to abuse, i think there should be some 2 or 3 commands added...."

If some command is removed,should be some new command to relapce her...
Razvanet elso write: "for exemple the suspend with reason would be good"
i will write for exemple the modified access with reason,or remove access with reason !!!
You guys have right for that you can ask channel manager for modified access,but what is that guy is not here,or nothing who can give access is not here... Who you gonna ask ???

Razvanet i support you !!! :wink:
Just Tell Me One Thing: Do You Ever Dance With The Devil On The FullMoonLight !!!

mxxl

Post by mxxl »

People who can't be trusted shouldn't be given 400+ access. There is no need for the "who removed my access" command. Bad managment leads to these kind of problems.

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

I`ve heard many ideeas and i sow a lot of posts on the forum about this ideea not only in this topic but i have one question for Razvanet! Did you get an answer from an undernet coder or at least from a Cservice Admin? i don`t think so! if i`m wrong i bow before you! starting a topic and fighting with the users which have an ideea about how undernet works won`t get you anywhere! Do you start topics on the undernet forum jsut to see your name here? I`m sorry but as i sow you are familiar with the Undernet ways but you seem not to take them into consideration! Again if i`m wrong i appologise and bow before you! :lol:
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

As about Neptun's idea: "Another idea would be to keep a sort of log/history of the commands ran trough X in the last hour or half-hour, log that can be accessed by the users with acc > 450."

There is a view logs fuction for usernames and channels but only accessible from users with global access in channel service bot or ucl access and can be reached only from the website. That fuction is only accessible from that users mentioned above because the logs shown there are changes by cservice officials or registration informations, channel forced, manager change and purge. Correct me if i'm wrong so what for having a command with logs of non imortand commands? Imagine what would be like a log page of a very buzy channel which the manager desides to reset the access list... about 50 pages of Remuser commands. But its just my oppinion.

As about adding new commands I think there are many topics about this and the final conclution is that there will not be added more commands because:
1) Channel flood protections (beside the join one) are imposible because X is deaf (+d mode) and can not see any channel messages, only private.
2) After the remove of the maxlogins command due to abuse CSC hasnt done any changes in the Coding of X because there is no need to, everything seems to work perfectly

X's deaf mode (+d) removing is a bad idea because that would flood X (and also channels.undernet.org server) and X would split all the time and our "almost_stable" Channel Protection service wouldnt be stable anymore so just the private messages from approximately 12000 (just an astimation i made, maybe more maybe less but its surely a big number) users is enough to flood Channels.* and X most times.

With Regards,
TheAbyss

YounGun

Post by YounGun »

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people try to complicate the world.

Another X command for seeing who removed access? If you are stupid enough to add an unreliable person as admin of your channel, you shouldn't have a channel in the first place, and you are probably too stupid to procreate also.

If you're too stupid to run a channel, don't put other people to create new features to overcome your stupidity.
[img]http://wiki.castlecops.com/images/f/f6/MVPLogo1w.gif[/img]

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

YG last time i check the forum AUP it said you shoudn`t offend people. Sure we are not all as smart as you, but being a good helper and somehow other seem to consider you one of them does not consider people stupid just because they didn`t understand what is the difference betwen adding a user in their channel with +400 or under that level.

Try explaining from your great knowledge what it means to be an admin on a channel instead of pretending you know everything because i have some news for you:

1:You weren`t born with the knowledge you currently have

2: You are not so smart as you think you are.

No offence though!
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.