/msg x say #chann ( level 500 required )

Ask your questions about ircu and GNUWorld, share your ideas, and help the coders in their work.
xplo

/msg x say #chann ( level 500 required )

Post by xplo »

i want to suggest or even ask if there could be a modification of the command /msg x say . i mean ... from 800 to 500 ( restricted in the owner chann ONLY )

a Channel master could make X talk in HIS channel with 500 access not in other one .. it would be really cool and its something new that all the Undernet User will have fun with ... ( this will make more people apply to CService Channel Registration ) think about it ...

and i know now someone will say ... "This would be stupid" BUT dude

Undernet is DYING we need to do something ... improve or something ...

2nd idea

W <--- he is dead Right ?? why dont bring hiim back ... But as a ""Protect Bot"" like for anti pub anti color anti caps anti ... .. you see the point and with a form on the CService Web Page This would be soo Hot and it would attract People A lot

REMEMBER THIS UNDERNET IS DYING WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

BOYCOT MSN NOW TO SAVE IRC
[img]http://i20.servimg.com/u/f20/11/30/13/23/boycot10.jpg[/img]
Go to hell with your questions, my time is done here. It was fun, but this network is sooooo corrupted by morons, its not worth it.

Revival

Post by Revival »

Undernet will die for sure after your suggestions being accepted :}
On IRC, NOONE server allows people to make services talks on channels. If oneday, a IRC server planning to allow it believe me it will never be Undernet. and no I don't think it's a stupid idea but not useful a thing expected than you.

Best regards,RevivaL
[img]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4200/revitp8.jpg[/img]

xplo

Post by xplo »

this is EXACTLY kind of post i didnt not wanted to know i want a Coder to tell me if there would be a way to do SOMETHING its like crucial and yes Undernet Is Dying belive me i know .. i waz here like 8 years ago when there waz like from 800 to 1 000 user on channel #Outaouais ( a regional chann in Quebec ) and now if we are 50 we are lucky . msn is making new thing ... EVEN SCript ... so we need to do something about it ?? no .. ??

W <----- nothing to say about this ?? scroll up a bit and check my 1st post
Go to hell with your questions, my time is done here. It was fun, but this network is sooooo corrupted by morons, its not worth it.

Kester

Post by Kester »

i want to suggest or even ask if there could be a modification of the command /msg x say . i mean ... from 800 to 500 ( restricted in the owner chann ONLY )

a Channel master could make X talk in HIS channel with 500 access not in other one .. it would be really cool and its something new that all the Undernet User will have fun with ... ( this will make more people apply to CService Channel Registration ) think about it ...

and i know now someone will say ... "This would be stupid" BUT dude
:classic:

Ever considered the abuse X will receive? everyone will start complaining about lag.

If you wanna have some fun, run a Dark bot and you've got it.
W <--- he is dead Right ?? why dont bring hiim back ... But as a ""Protect Bot"" like for anti pub anti color anti caps anti ... .. you see the point and with a form on the CService Web Page This would be soo Hot and it would attract People A lot
Imagine W have to check every word in every channel for colours, caps etc... the lag would be massive.

There are channel modes for that kind of stuff, they will, hopefully, be applied in the future.

Before you even think about posting something like this, try a see what are the positive and the negative points...

Ghostyz

Post by Ghostyz »

i also think enabling the command say for managers would require extreme amount of bandwidth just to have fun. So it's not really a good idea.

xplo

Post by xplo »

Kester wrote:Ever considered the abuse X will receive? everyone will start complaining about lag

There is a ignore list on X why would the X lag if you put a restriction like ... i dunno 3 /say allowed every hour or something like this

think about it :) could be interresting. ?? no ??

MrEen

Post by MrEen »

Em3r1c4 wrote:Undernet Is Dying belive me i know .. i waz here like 8 years ago when there waz like from 800 to 1 000 user on channel #Outaouais ( a regional chann in Quebec ) and now if we are 50 we are lucky .
Is it not possible the channel has died down over the years, like many other large channels from that era? I do believe the number of users on Undernet is up from that time. (Yes, I know bots/drones are a significant portion of that total) I'm thinking, lots of people have moved on with their lives and found other things to occupy their time (assuming their wasn't some big channel blow-up that drove away users en masse.)

Your very large signature is a little annoying, (and probably violates the forum AUP) and is not supported with any facts aside from your observations of one channel.

And while I am not in favor of your suggestion, largely because of the overhead I'd assume it would create, I appreciate your attempt to come up with ideas to improve the network.

I am not a coder, so feel free to ignore my post if you wish.

MrEen
The bigger fish.

Spidel

Post by Spidel »

personally this thing will never be implemented, X is not a service bot to be played, it's meant to be used for good purposes.
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."

xplo

Post by xplo »

i see your point ..