somebody pls do something

Ask your questions about ircu and GNUWorld, share your ideas, and help the coders in their work.
CrazyEgg

somebody pls do something

Post by CrazyEgg »

well

lets talk about chaos on undernet and bugs:

channel mode +m ----> normaly meaning that the part message doesnt apear. Is that truth or not?
if yes then why appear for some users connected on ex.: oslo,diemen etc?

part msg characters: different servers different char limit

i DONT say anything for +D cause i understand after 10 months that is not ready (testing 10 months? waw!!!!)

is unusefull to say about proxyscan (http connections,ports 8080,80,3128,1080 bla bla bla)
only solution +r..!!!!!!!
can anyone tell me ONE channel with +r what keeped users online? sure ---->#help,#zt etc.
proxy? infected pcs? drones? MANY!!!!!! MORE THAN 300/Attack

3/4 of the servers are updating and the others what?
oups!
admin not found!!!
error on device admin...device not found.....restart your irc client to other network.
But i forgot.......the stable version of ircu is the old one:)))
hmmmm that means: i am connected to server with NOT stable version!!!!(bucharest).

if that is not chaos then what is the definition?
But we can proud saying:
Welcome to LosAngeles.CA.US.Undernet.org
which was granted a TESTLINK on the 23rd of June.
We hope to see them in PERMLINK very soon.

Keops

Post by Keops »

yes, appears that they're more busy with linking new servers than to improve and stabilize the network. i wonder why they're still upgrading server versions if they'll never be applied.

xplora

Post by xplora »

just a few details, but they are actually more important that you 2 seem to realise.

Linking servers is a routing committee issue, it has nothing to do with the coder committee.

as for the part issues, the issue is Undernet is in the middle of an upgrade, an upgrade the coder committee has found a few problems with and are working to resolve. ircu works on several unix/linux based OS's, and some of undernets servers are using a specific flavour that is causeing the upgrade issues, they are working on it. If you are able to help, check out http://coder-com.undernet.org/
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee

The-Judge

Post by The-Judge »

Good point of view CrazyEgg. But, all this "chaos" is explained. The irc is not what it used to be anymore. Maybe that`s the reason why coders are only a few, they also have private life...etc.
Anyway...in my opinion all the servers from undernet should use the same ircu version, the bugless one, until a new stable ircu version will be created.
[url=http://www.youchat.org/][img]http://www.youchat.info/founder2.png[/img][/url]

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

First of all, you mixed up a lot of things CrazyEgg. Every server admin is responsible for it's own server, the stability, and the version of IRCu that the server will use (of course it must be at least the required release, or the current release). The biggest problem with known proxy bots, insecure/hacked machines and drones is not yet solved just because some Undernet admins don't run BOPM on their servers. So, the bots simply connect to those servers that don't run BOPM, sad but true. Please do not reply before you read what BOPM is. So, the conclusion is that what you just posted is not related to the Undernet Coder Committee, but the Server Administration and Admin-com. Nobody is testing the channel mode +D for 10 months, who told you that ? The issue with it is: not all servers are running the new IRCu, so that's why it's not functioning properly. Again, it's up to the server admin what IRCu version her/his server will run till a stable .12 IRCu version becomes the required release.

In future please keep your posts calm, a forum is a place for discussion, not for showing off the frustrations when being p1ssed off.

Best Regards,
Mit.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]

CrazyEgg

Post by CrazyEgg »

well
first of all thanks for your prompt answers.

now:
The-Judge thanks to try to explain the "chaos" and i understand what means : i have real life.But like all (coders,admins,ircops,helpers,users) i do my best to make chat easier and calmly for me and for users on my room.
xplora i understand more than clear your position and i have to tell you that is the first time i receive a real explanation for the update oriblem.Also i dont know why but http://coder-com.undernet.org/ doesnt exist.(cannot find server)

mitko you find AGAIN how to cover a situation with proxies talking about BOPM.
If i am not wrong the Blitzed Open Proxy Monitor Shuts Down from 7 may this year.(http://wiki.blitzed.org/OPM_status).Also i have to inform you that just a few kids trying to connect proxies direct to IRC on common ports....so its unusefull to consume time and resources to make the best proxy scanner.
After my opinion we must think how to make unusefull for abuser the hole abuse.for example:
flood with msg on channel can solved with mode +m
flood with part msg normaly must be solved with +m.(here is the update problem)
without msg any flood have no meaning.SIMPLE.

Drones now.
i talk about +D mode that IF will be correctly then we will have no problem with drones,meaning: the -d users on channel will able to see ONLY the @users what says on channel and results to /names #channel make be enable only for users with 100+ access on #channel.Also the -d users should not be able to see the user list on +D channel.
If someone say that the +D is against chat then i answer : lets responsabilityto be asumed by the manager of every room if will make his/her room +D or not.
in words is simple.I dont know how simple is to be realised.

What is the results? no more bans (over 300).just kick and remain the drone -d as time remain connected.

I forgot to announce that in all bugs causing the version of ircu i observe and:
mode change '+v username ' by Carouge.CH.EU.Undernet.org
and is not the only one example.

Hope for solution and i am calm (still hoping) but prefer to saw and tell the problem as it is without sweet words and probably that is annoying.But from 97 when i was make the first connect on undernet now is the most worst period in the network after my opinion.(even the period without x,w was better than now).

xplora

Post by xplora »

erm +D has nothing to do with drones.

All +D is designed to do is hide joins until something happens to the +D user, such as, they talk or are voiced/opped, if they part/signoff or are kicked we wont see it unless we have already seen them join.

Viewing is allowed by all with /names -d #channel (like normal /names usage) there is no way to link this to our X access since, X can't tell a hidden user from an unhidden one, and only X knows a users access level not the servers where the /names command is.

As for it saying carouge.ch.eu.undernet.org the only part of that being a bug is that it's saying your server instead of *.undernet.org

For what the +D CrazyEgg is thinking of we still need to /mode #channel +m as well so that they can't appear unless voiced, combine that with a bot for autovoicing that tracks things like kicks and (attempts to) identify drones and we will get what CrazyEgg appears to be after. an idea I plan on using in #CService once I know +D is available on all servers.
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

Ten (10) months ago, you open a thread about the channel mode +D, CrazyEgg. It was explained to you what is it's purpose. After 10 months, you still misunderstood the point of that channel mode. I hope you won't open another topic about it again. HERE is your previous thread about it, read the replies to it again.

I suggest you to go and read about BOPM again, not the 3rd, the 5th, the 26th and the last line only, but the whole page in order to understand what it really does. OPM was their own DNSBL, there are other DNS blacklists as well for your information. I am not going to paste in here so you can just skip reading it again. I see you like to post your flames, but do you like to read ? (big question mark)

Mit.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]

CrazyEgg

Post by CrazyEgg »

xplora i believe that you understand what is my "plan" which i tryied to explain with my poor english.
The /names #channel i thing that is one of the commands that drones used,cause of that i mention it.(as /list >number on connect)
We cannot stop to join a channel but for sure i think that is possible to stop send msgs somehow.(extrem solution indeed,but statistics 10% joined the url and become infected system)

Mitko here we change ideas.Indeed before 10 months i make again post about +D and possibile ameliorate on that.Sorry if you dont understand what is my point to view (probably my english).
As about BOMP i will msg you to talk private(if you accept) about proxies and detections and i try to saw you how wrong you are.

Waiting for update