New idea - X command

Ask your questions about ircu and GNUWorld, share your ideas, and help the coders in their work.
toolz

New idea - X command

Post by toolz »

I think that there should be an X command to allow or not(manager's decision) users to add/remove accesses in channels. The command should be used only by the 500 access level(the channel manager). When it will be enabled nobody with 400+ access level won't be allowed to add/remove other accesses to/from the channel. But everyone can remove themselves. We should have such a command to prevent mass adduser situations thate we started to see it happen more often(even with noadduser setting). Could be like /msg X set #channel noaddrem ON|OFF. I know that the manager should add only trusted peoples in the access list but such a command could improove channel's management from good in great :D. It was just an idea lets see what do others think about it.

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

This is not a new idea and it was already discussed. See this thread. Please use the Search forum function in future.

[to a moderator of this section: this thread should be locked]

Best Regards,
Mit.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]

toolz

Post by toolz »

Mitko I dont think so. It doesnt look like what I've said here, kind of but not like this :P. Only you've said something related to what I've said here but then the discussion was about what the topic poster said, clearlist. So it is not like this its something else. I consider that this should not be locked as its different about what you've just said. I think its a great idea let us see if someone is interested about it.

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

toolz, obviously you didn't read the whole thread. Please read it before you comment and you will see it's about restricting adduser with a channel flag as you said. Just in that thread the user suggested "noadduser", and you suggest "noaddrem". In that thread the user didn't mention remuser, and you did. Basicly it's the same discussion and the same comments would be written here too.

Best Regards,
Mit.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]

Compy

Post by Compy »

There's basically already another forum for this topic as discussed above. I do not see the use for such a command/feature but it's not my decision.

Locked.

-- Compy