u2.10.12.0

Ask your questions about ircu and GNUWorld, share your ideas, and help the coders in their work.
Compy

Post by Compy »

Mitko is right,

There is still some extensive testing taking place as far as oplevels go. If you dont want your channel to have to deal with them, I suggest you make your channel more than 48 hours old so you wont have to worry about some chanop setting AU on your channel.

Still, they are not live yet and things always change, so keep your eyes open on the undernet website and any global notices you might get.

Compy

Keops

Post by Keops »

so why nobody knows anything about this? i've been looking on the coder-com website and it hasnt change for months. :-? why do coders not post on the forum and tell us what's going on and what's going to happen?

Compy

Post by Compy »

Well evidently you know whats going on, I just said that:

Oplevels is being worked on. An upgrade of this size requires LOTS of testing, also refer to Mitko's comment. I'll leave this thread open because its concerning what's happening lately on the coder front. I only deal with GNUWorld, not necessarily the ircu code.

Keops

Post by Keops »

now with the introduction of chanfix it's certain that these oplevels and features will never be available on undernet.

puterfixer

Post by puterfixer »

Keops wrote:now with the introduction of chanfix it's certain that these oplevels and features will never be available on undernet.
"Never" is a long time. 20 bucks that you'll be proven wrong.

Keops

Post by Keops »

i accept! although.. i doubt i'll live that longer :lol: :lol:

Dox

Post by Dox »

well i didn`t find a better place to post my question , hope to recive good answers. since ircu 2.10.12.* was released I`m verry glad to use silence exceptions. few days ago i've started to use a psybnc - before that i didn`t used the new release of ircu on a bouncer. i was suprised when i saw that my alias: /on //silence +*!*@*,~*!*@*.users.undernet.org,~*!cservice@undernet.org | echo Silence on doesn't work anymore. it returns newyork.ny.us.undernet.org +*!*@*, - Unknown Network and doesn't settle anything. I've tried on several servers, nothing changes. I want to remember that connecting directly to the server silence exception works normally. it might be a problem from the bouncer? i know i wont recive help for that , but if someone uses the feature on a bnc and it still works could just tell me plase ...
regards

xplora

Post by xplora »

I would actually use

/silence +*!*@*,+~*!*@*.undernet.org,+*!*@undernet.org

as this allows the full range of undernet.org hosts, so you wont be blocking ... say an irc op, and still allows all registered users to /msg you too ;)

as for the bouncer comment, you would have to seek the advice of the BNC creator, but you might be able to work around ith with a RAW or QUOTE command (dependant on the bnc).
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee

Dox

Post by Dox »

i already tried that, xplora. sorry i didn't mention 1st time. i asked some people to try , quote raw included and they get same return message: Unknown Network. the bouncer is running on a freebsd machine, and the shell seller doens't offer support for networks details, let's say. thay have no ideea about this :D i think i`ll stop to use bouncers :)

tnx

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

Yell at the psyBNC coders to fix their crap. :P
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]

unQ

Post by unQ »

There are patches for u2.10.11.07 to allow modes +d +D :) (i hope i'm not making any confusions here :wink: )

TheDawn

Post by TheDawn »

Hello

For help ask Orlando Bassoto !

You need the nickname of Orlando ? find :>
The Dawn