u2.10.12.0

Ask your questions about ircu and GNUWorld, share your ideas, and help the coders in their work.
Dooku

u2.10.12.0

Post by Dooku »

First of all i want 2 know if this is true : [url]http://www.srvx.net/ircu2_10_12-user-guide.html[/url] if it is .... i don't know i will just feal .... sorry , i was so glad ! when i heared that a new version is released , when i was reading this doc. i was just ... distroyed ! how is it posible ?! all this beautiful years gone in this version , how coud you put those terible modes whats the use ?! its a CHAT network , made for those who wants 2 chat !!! 2 passwords , ops level ; A,U,D mode ?! this is the beggining of the end for undernet , the only verry cool thing is the ipv6 .I'm waiting for other opinions but i my oppinion is that we can't just make a cool , normal , without birocracy chat network, i hope this is not true and its just a 90% bad dream :-?
You must join me, and together we will destroy the Sith.
[img]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4327/undernetuser0jm.png[/img]

Dooku

Post by Dooku »

few days ago if some one was registering i was reading someting like this :

(20:31) * nick (ident@ip) Quit (Registered)
(20:31) * nick (ident@UserName.users.undernet.org) has joined #channel
(20:31) * X sets mode: +o nick

or :

(20:31) * Bucharest.ro.eu.undernet.org sets mode: +o nick

but now :
(20:31) *.undernet.org sets mode: +ov nick

why is that ? anyhow .... it was the server who "oped the person" so its not a secret the server because users can see the server they are connected 2 so i don't see the point :chinese:

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

I think you should have just keep the flame inside of yourself. First of all, the oplevels is very good feature. Why ? Because. That's all I am going to say, it seems you do not understand and you don't see the benefit of the oplevels. First of all, that will help all channel owners to keep their channels, and it will stop take overs of course. So, you, not knowledgable users won't bother the irc operators to reop you in a channel which maybe is not yours, or maybe you dont have logs at all which proves it's yours. This way you'll be able to keep op and stop complaning about the lame keyword *takeover*. The channel mode +D will be used in a channels like #class so I don't see why you don't like it since noone forces you to use it. Neither anyone forces you to use the oplevels. Now, keep your flame inside, just please, don't scream around and open some non-sense threads. Regrading the server, you said the point but you don't see it ? Well, that's very abnormal pal. The point is, till now, you were able to see the server you are connected on, like that server does the modes, and it does not. So, from now on it will be *.undernet.org to stop any confussions regrading what server ops the person. I have even seen some lamers ddosing just because they saw "someserver.name.undernet.org sets mode: +o somenick" so they think THAT server gives the op, which is not true at all. Well, I believe that's the reason more or less. Next time, please think before posting this type of non-sense comments. Make something better, then comment. You have absolutely no right to comment about anything which is above your limits.

Btw, we were all waiting the .12 ircu! I am glad it's released now. I really do like the silence exception and the oplevels. So, tell us what you like instead of what you don't.

Best Regards,
Mit 8)
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

Awwww, don't be so hard on them Mitko [img]http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/Forum/images/smiles/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

Dooku

Post by Dooku »

LoL , well i think i have the right to say my opinion (bad or not) easy for u 2 say maybe you have years of experience , but for some one who is just booooooored of waiting hours and hours maybe days for a reop on help channels .... just because a retard had nothing 2 do @ that hour .... , i was waiting for this version 2 but i wasn't expecting at this birocracy , i think soon maaany ppl will say "well he sayd he can help me i i gave him the pass , come on plssss i'm saying the truth its my channel" and all... we'll see .... we will talk again after 1 year when this will be a pain in the as* and when 50% of the chaters will stay on programs like yahoo and of course opers will have 2 deal the other hald , old chaters , BIG lamers and this kind of ppl , actualy i think even the old ones will eventuly part this network who was once the first one and i concidered the perfect net. :dozingoff:

CrazyEgg

Post by CrazyEgg »

Awwww, don't be so hard on them Mitko
i repeat.
WIth +D the op on channel didnt see the joins of hidden users and have to make /NAMES -D #channel
also of course the join/part is not vissible but the kick is vissible.
example:
Now talking in #test3 <--that is user testuser1
the op with nick testthemode didnt see the join.So decide to make /names -D #test3
layout:
= #test3 testuser1
#test3 End of /NAMES list.
now the user testuser1 must be kicked.so make blind kick with /kick #test3 testuser1
result:
* Joins: testuser1 (~smurf@82.76.67.82)
* testuser1 was kicked by testthemode (reason)
the user testuser1 was maded unhidden and kicked.so the kick is vissible.

that means that (as the http://www.srvx.net/ircu2_10_12-user-guide.html says):
"Other events, such as the user parting or being kicked, will not trigger the join."

have to be corrected or the mode have to be debug.
also i think that is good to be mention that the +D mode is not compatible with +m and +l.(takling under this version only).

well
if i look carefull the new ircu make :
+A/+U/Oplevels for UNREGISTER CHANNELS
and +D for class and interview channels.
with the old bugs something?
*x* ban #chan 1234567890!*@* 336 100 test

-X- I can't find 1234567890!*@* on channel #chan

NICKLEN=12 MAXNICKLEN=15 but ban on nick only 9 char!
btw cause you can say that my server not supporting +D mode
u2.10.12.0. Bucharest.RO.EU.Undernet.Org B120AMRU
CHANMODES=b,k,l,imnpstrDd

so give me a break Mitko.We have the flame inside but we have open mind and our eyes open too so we can see that you care about how the ircopers have their quietness and no all the other chaters.That the truth and hurts.
Half job no meaning serious job.Hope now just talking about and trying the beta release of ircu and not the final version.

now i have to regards about the mask to *.undernet.org
now mitko you say:
Next time, please think before posting this type of non-sense comments.
i suggest you to make some tests before you take a possition and typing
You have absolutely no right to comment about anything which is above your limits.
cause without helpfull comments and discutions we have no correct results.That what you say look more fasistic and that is not good.
Also you have to try to understand that the users make the undernet great network.Without them will be just mp3 and video download network(/list and you see what channels are large.!!)
so:
Awwww, don't be so hard on them Mitko cause the answer could be harder.
anyway

In Undernet With Trust!

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

Dooku wrote:why is that ? anyhow .... it was the server who "oped the person" so its not a secret the server because users can see the server they are connected 2 so i don't see the point :chinese:
Wrong Dooku, that`s the whole thing, the server you saw opping a user that registered, was the server you connected on. How stupid to you think coders are? If they show the server you connected on when you set yourself mode +x, why would they hide it in the whois?

So no actuall change has been done, you already know on what server you are connected on, and the new look of it, show that the network set the mode, not one specific server, because everyone would see a different server performing a mode, which many of the server`s didn`t do, and that would qualify as a lie. Why sound we see a server performing a mode it didn`t do?!

Mitko Comment: if you just said the same thing in your post, i`m sorry, i haven`t read it....i was too lazy :)
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Dooku

Post by Dooku »

Andrew i wanted to say that :
that u don't see the server where nick is connected ! u see the server where you are connected ! that is giveing op 2 him right ? so .... thats why i don't see the point , thats just without sense , if i'm rong pls correct me
oh ... and one more thing if undernet will accept this +A , lets just say few lamers will takeover a big channel or an old channel , in that night undernet will aprove +A , they will set the pass and what will happend then with those old users ? because ..... i truly don't think undernet will accept those logs and of course the normal ppl will just have 2 find a way 2 regoup and give up 2 the lamers , right ? :chinese:

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

Dooku wrote:Andrew i wanted to say that :
that u don't see the server where nick is connected ! u see the server where you are connected ! that is giveing op 2 him right ? so .... thats why i don't see the point , thats just without sense , if i'm rong pls correct me
Exactly, but the thing is the server never performs any mode, and the user doesn`t really part the channel, the only action performed is that the server he is connected changes the user`s host. And i told you if they let it like it was, the information wouldn`t be accurate....beacuse the server you connect on doesn`t perform any mode...so why should it show that is does?
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Keops

Post by Keops »

cool! a new ircu :D i cant wait until all features become available. does anyone knows when this will happen? i see that mode +D and silence exemtions are already available :) do the CIDR bans work also?

Keops

Post by Keops »

ok. so i've read in the manual that if the channel is older than 48 hours, it is discarded if remains empty for 48hrs. now i wonder.. is this 48h period refreshed every time somebody joins the channel and then remains empty again or is it cumulative (eg: channel remained empty for 24h, somebody joined then it is empty again and now if channel remains empty for another 24h is discarded)

and another question: is there a command to see someone's oplevel?

CrazyEgg

Post by CrazyEgg »

i have just a simple question:

today is 20 dec 2005

u2.10.11.07. Oslo1.NO.EU.undernet.org
CHANMODES=b,k,l,imnpstr

u2.10.12.01. Bucharest.RO.EU.Undernet.Org

u2.10.12.pre04. London2.UK.EU.Undernet.Org

u2.10.12.04. Zagreb.HR.Eu.UnderNet.org

4 diferent version to 4 diferent servers.!!!!
as i read to a post here the servers MUST make update after two weeks from stable release and bug fixed.
Also i read to coder page that
Current Release: ircu2.10.12.04 from 2005-11-15

Is possible to inform us someone when will be the update to servers?

next question:
The ban limit to X after abuse of 15 november is 300 from unlimited as was.In my channel i have zombies(no drones just ZdBot) with spam msg
onjoin that make me to count minim 3 bans/min.Together i have flood attack from 1500 proxy/http tunneling unic ips.I try to stop the flood with domain bans a and b class but is impossible with 300 banlimit.So i make ths channel +r after undernet general politic against abuse.RESULT is: from 200+ users now i have just 35.Causing is that NOT all the users have mail account from provider cause connection via dialup with limited access.
So did anyone have a solution to say?Or its ok if we loose 150 user (colaterale damage) but we have the mp3 channels with 1000+ user bots and xdcc servers?(so we are big network).

unable to join(+r)
if i was newbie what can i understand from that?

next question:
before 15 november when i had a ban on channel like *!*@*dialin.net(too many proxies from there).
it was possible to bring in channel a register user from this domain via invite.Now is not possible.Many helpers told me that was a bug.Personally i dont thing so.It was a facility and something like exempt.
any official answer for that?

next question:
i observ that when i make a ban like *!*@201.* a user from .br and ip not numeric take a kick via x.Also the same user with autojoin on kick enable rejoin non stop up to ban the ip.
resolved dns ban via x!!! its perfect if works properly.
now if i ban the numeric ip in class a the user is able to join the channel taking just a kick from x.
this future make me to do 2 bans and not 1 and combinated with the 300 ban limit meaning 150 bans maxim.
any official answer for that?

conclusion:
can inform us someone officialy with approximate time stamp for updates on servers?
can someone inform us for the existing bugs and what can we waiting in sort future?

In Undernet With Trust!

Keops

Post by Keops »

as i read to a post here the servers MUST make update after two weeks from stable release and bug fixed.
Also i read to coder page that
Current Release: ircu2.10.12.04 from 2005-11-15
required release is still u2.10.11.07 an they dont know when its going to change :cry: :cry:

SeeknDestroy

Post by SeeknDestroy »

2 comments to make on the op levels...

1) The idea and use of it, for those who have a clue what they're doing, is great. Love it.

2) It's a well known fact that most irc users are idiots. They just are. They click web links thinking they're going to get free stuff, run viruses sent to them by strange users, and ask a thousand dumb questions about easy stuff every day. If they can't grasp the easy concepts, how do you expect to press such a "complex" system onto a new user? Now they get taken over (not having the owner pass set), and someone OWNS their channel. The new owners can now leave and even taunt them about it. This'll lead to some REALLY angry users wanting help in the help chans.

My suggestion :

Put ALL info pertaining to this new command in the MOTD, or otherwise go way out of your way to make sure users know it exists, as I think it'll cause more problems than it'll solve otherwise.

-SanitariuM-

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

The oplevels are still not enabled, and it's a question if they will be. It's up to the admins votes. The fact is known, that's true, but according to that fact, why do you think they will read the MOTD ? There's already an explanation about the new modes at http://help.undernet.org/faq.php?what=newin12 . IF they are enabled, there should be news on the Undernet page, and /quote notice $*.org (global notice) about it. If they don't read that, I doubt they will read anything else. But, lets slow this down, oplevels are still NOT enabled, and maybe they will never be.

Best Regards,
Mit.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]