send note

Ask your questions about ircu and GNUWorld, share your ideas, and help the coders in their work.
User avatar
Morfeo
Posts: 35
Location: Argentina Buenos Aires

send note

Post by Morfeo »

why the coders no add Sendnote command in Gnuworld ,

thanks morf ...

User avatar
sirAndrew
Posts: 760
Location: Romania

Post by sirAndrew »

the feature is already inputed in Gnuworld...it`s only enabled for people with global access.
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

OUTsider
Posts: 435
Location: Netherlands

Post by OUTsider »

Uhm, on undernet it is not even enabled for cservice administrators.
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?

User avatar
Morfeo
Posts: 35
Location: Argentina Buenos Aires

Post by Morfeo »

i think all users need allowed to use sendnote :)
my opinion :)
#############################
Morfeo , Find in the matrix pLease .
morfeo!morfeo@MORFEO.users.undernet.org
#############################

User avatar
xplora
Posts: 564
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand

Post by xplora »

CService has not been asked to provide a notes system to undernets users, CService was also not created to provide such a service, remember, the C in CService is "Channel" not "Customer".

Until such a service is requested by Undernet's Administration, AND, requested of CService, CService can not provide, despite what features the code behind X can provide. As I understand it there are several other features in Gnuworld that Undernet does not use either, this is also why #Usernames was created. The Usernames feature of X is a feature CService relies on, but is not actually part of the Undernet Channel Service Committee's task, CService handles this task because usermode +x is currently the only feature outside of channel accesses that Usernames are also good for.

I hope this clears some things up.

- xplora

OUTsider
Posts: 435
Location: Netherlands

Post by OUTsider »

xplora wrote:CService has not been asked to provide a notes system to undernets users, CService was also not created to provide such a service, remember, the C in CService is "Channel" not "Customer".

Until such a service is requested by Undernet's Administration, AND, requested of CService, CService can not provide, despite what features the code behind X can provide. As I understand it there are several other features in Gnuworld that Undernet does not use either, this is also why #Usernames was created.


Then why has the note system been added to the gnuworld project ? As far as I know, code was only allowed into the project with permission of certain members within the cservice committee. This implies that CService DID give the coders permission to add such a system. However, because CService is afraid of the impact that facility might have on resources, it has been disabled.

xplora wrote:... because usermode +x is currently the only feature outside of channel accesses that Usernames are also good for.


Wrong, the channel services bot also provides several scan features to undernet administrators (SCANHOST/SCANUNAME).
Other features like operpart/operjoin have been removed upon request because undernet doesn't want opers to interfere in channels that are in any way provided with channel services.
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?

User avatar
Morfeo
Posts: 35
Location: Argentina Buenos Aires

Post by Morfeo »

xplora :)

Usernames hace notes system , ( Not gnuworld ) but have why CService cant :)

just is a question , :)
#############################
Morfeo , Find in the matrix pLease .
morfeo!morfeo@MORFEO.users.undernet.org
#############################

OUTsider
Posts: 435
Location: Netherlands

Post by OUTsider »

morfeo: SIGH !
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?

User avatar
Mitko
Posts: 594
Location: Europe

Post by Mitko »

Morfeo wrote:xplora :)

Usernames hace notes system , ( Not gnuworld ) but have why CService cant :)

just is a question , :)


I don't understand a single word.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]

User avatar
lilithia
Posts: 17
Location: where lamers cannot get in

Post by lilithia »

i'm sure we all agree with this:

morfeo, please take some english classes ;-) it won't harm anyone.
Last edited by lilithia on Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"i don't even remember how to spell 'photographer'."

User avatar
Wolfyx
Posts: 323
Location: Nowhere

Post by Wolfyx »

Mmmm..maybe it`s one of those nifty riddles..le`me get my magic wand
I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

User avatar
toolz
Posts: 65
Location: Romania, Craiova

Post by toolz »

Thats the beer efect ;P