/msg x set #channel mode

Ask your questions about ircu and GNUWorld, share your ideas, and help the coders in their work.
Hyper^

/msg x set #channel mode

Post by Hyper^ »

Hello , i saw a lot of *add new X commands* topics but everyone of them had in description a certain command which was debated , and i don't consider a good idea posting for those topics... i could be consedered out of topic.. anyway i hope i won't annoy someone with this new topic... if i do that i appologise.

I have a new command suggestion . As i am the manager of a channel i have set it noop , it's a good channel set in my opinion. ( it stops op begging :) ).
But these days i had an unwanted experience : a lot of BOTs joined/parted my channel... this isn't so bad because it can be easyly stoped by seting a channel mode (ie +r) , but as the channel was set noop i first needed to set noop off and then op myself in orther to set mode +r... the bad part is that i was verry lagged and this took a lot of time :(

anyway i solved it .. but what would happen if the manager hadn't been online to set noop off?? that's why i thought at suggesting these commands

/msg x set #channel mode +/- rntmkspi .. because limit can be set in a way through X .. and that's good

thanx for your time
:) and sorry if anyone gets mad :oops:
Last edited by Hyper^ on Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

Well for a start you could put this as a reply in the one of the already excisting new commands for X to be added topic.

Anyway, my oppinion is to set strictop on (that will stop op begging) and remember to be cearful who you add 400+ (so no one unwanted op himself). If you do so, all users with access will be able to op themselves and set whatever mode they like and stop the botflood.

Regards,
TheAbyss
~ He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an Abyss, The Ábyss gazes also into you. ~

Homer

Post by Homer »

The command that you have setted as a topic, is the save mode command. You can opup yourself, set the modes, use /msg x set #channel mode and let X setting modes, although, X still doesn't save the +r mode since CService haven't added yet. X will set everyone mode every its back from a split.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

/msg x set #channel mode +/- rntmkspi

I think he wants to set modes via X. If ever cservice add this command it would be nice addition, but i dont think they will do it.
~ He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an Abyss, The Ábyss gazes also into you. ~

KoGiTo

Post by KoGiTo »

Tip : Remove the limit that was previously set by X and save the modes . If you save modes with +l as a set mode, the save mode command will not work. and no, +r isn't added yet. however, if someone do a /mode #channel -nt, X won't set it back. The save mode command save the current channel modes as default.
Dubito Ergo Cogito , Cogito Ergo Sum !

FoXXy

Post by FoXXy »

I think is a very useful command but .... I have a question ... a lot off new commands added ... but what commands ? :glasses:

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

So far no new commands were added....these are just our ideeas on how to improve the undernet services. Feel free to contribue with your ideeas.
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

UsmanAli

Post by UsmanAli »

I have used this command but it is not workings
it shows like this :-
-X- MODE for #Masterz is +tnsl 26
-> *x* help mode
-X- There is no help available for that topic.
-> *x* set #MasterZ mode -s
-X- MODE for #Masterz is +tnsl 26
it doesn't set the mode of the channel please tell me how can I use this command?

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

That is the command to save the modes so X can restore them after a split :) remember to remove the +l when setting modes

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

UsmanAli the command is:

Code: Select all

/msg x set #channelname mode

btw the help for this command is:

/msg x help set mode

-X- /msg X set <#channel> MODE
 -X- This will save the current channel modes as default.

You can use it by this way: You set the modes in your channel ex. +nst and then you type /msg x set #channelname mode and the modes will be saved: +nst . You cannot use /msg x set #channelname mode +/-modes .
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko