Kind of an error

Ask your questions about ircu and GNUWorld, share your ideas, and help the coders in their work.
whatever

Kind of an error

Post by whatever »

Hello guys !
Now few days ago I tried to ban someone in a channel by his nickname and I couldn`t do that because of this :
[time] -X- I can't find nickname!*@* on tree #channel .
The user was in the channel but I couldn`t ban his nickname and then I observed I can`t ban someone thru X by his nickname if his nickname has 9 chacarters or more. I searched on the other posts for this problem to see if it was resolved but I couldn`t find it and sorry if I was wrong. Can you fix this error ?

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

Did you tried nickname!*@* ?
~ He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an Abyss, The Ábyss gazes also into you. ~

whatever

Post by whatever »

I tried to ban someone by his nickname which more than 9 characters and didn`t worked like /msg X ban #channel abcdefghij!*@* test

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

I'll remind you the syntax: /msg x ban #channel nickname/ip/host duration level [reason] (Reason could be left blank)

If you want to ban a nickname the best way to put it is to use nickname!*@*. If i want to ban TheAbyss in #test it would be like /msg x ban #test TheAbyss!*@* 336 500 No Reason (This would ban me from #test with duration 336 [2 weeks] and level 500 with reason "No Reason") Try asking in #Help or #UserGuide for info about the addresses (*!*@*)
~ He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an Abyss, The Ábyss gazes also into you. ~

Homer

Post by Homer »

This was dicussed already, since the nicklength was changed, X hasn't been modified for that such of nicklength. X can't read nickname with more then 9chars.

Try it this way

Code: Select all

/msg X ban #channel abcdefghi*!*@* test
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!

whatever

Post by whatever »

That was what I was trying to explain to TheAbyss.