/msg x remuser #channel username -modif

Ask your questions about ircu and GNUWorld, share your ideas, and help the coders in their work.
Wolfyx

/msg x remuser #channel username -modif

Post by Wolfyx »

Hi all..hope i`m not repeating any thread..just wondering if there could be such a command /msg x remuser #channel username -modif ....i ask coz lots of people ask if there`s a command for someone to find out who removed someone from the access list...I was wondering `bout this a long time, need some opinions ..
Regards,
I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

Homer

Post by Homer »

To add that command another part in X should be added to keep logs of removed usernames access. I don't agree to have the remove -modif command added to X.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

Who will pay for all the rram memory and bandwidth these command will need? I don`t think tiscalli would like that! :) X is already lagged and abuse by users on the network.....
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

Hmm..excluding the financial part...it would be very a usefull command, don`t u think so?..*sigh* everyone`s against my ideeas :-? Any other opinions?

zeee

Post by zeee »

i`m not against Wolfyx`s idea ... i think his idea is good ...
...more commands makes undernet more interesting ... and x more usefull :)
zeee.users.undernet.org

Homer

Post by Homer »

Wolfyx wrote:Hmm..excluding the financial part...it would be very a usefull command, don`t u think so?..*sigh* everyone`s against my ideeas :-? Any other opinions?

It's not because i don't like your idea, but as sirandrew said, Tiscali is already taking care of the current needs and problems, why should we abuse of their good ?

It's a good idea, but since the access will be removed it will be useless and also if someone wish to remove someones access and don't wish to show that was him ? what he will do ?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

I was thinkin` about the people that own a channel, and keep getting takeovers from an unknown user that keeps getting added from nowhere..and there`s no way to find that out just, by removing everyone from the access list, and start over..heh that`s just an example of many others..

O_ECLIPSE

Post by O_ECLIPSE »

i was just tired waiting for a X such command, so, i learnt to make remotes and i did this little remote to detect who adduses this kind of people that take over the chans.

just put in your remotes and tell to someone to kick u using X.

on ^*:KICK:#:{ if ($knick == $me) /set %lengt65444 $len( $+ $1 $+ ) - 2 | if ($knick == $me) /set %kick7546 $mid( $+ $1 $+ ,2,%lengt65444) | if ($knick == $me) && ($nick == X) /msg x access $chan %kick7546 -modif }

it will show the information about who kicks u and who adduses this guy on the chan (it will works in any chan, only if the kicked one its u, and the kicks need to be made by X)

of course, any simple kick on u made by X it will be detected, but, in case of a take over, it will be detected too, so, thats the point

if u do not trust, put it in in another mirc and test

thats it, and sorry for my english :P

draku

Post by draku »

sirAndrew wrote:Who will pay for all the rram memory and bandwidth these command will need? I don`t think tiscalli would like that! :) X is already lagged and abuse by users on the network.....

Maybe some day I'll find out why some tiny simple users care so much about the damn server requirements and stuff alike. Are you paying for them? And don't give me no bull like "Well I'm a user on this network and I care." Yeah, well so do I. Let the people that have the power to make these decisions say that "there aren't enough resources". And all you little people stop using that as a reason to shut others up. It's like a defined macro, each and every time somebody comes up with an idea, *wham*, not enough resources. Most of the people that do have the power give the exact same reply, well now we know you like to copy what the gurus say, it's a good thing you're here, otherwise the big guys would have to come down and paste that line on the forum and we all know how busy busy extremely busy they are.

Well here's a thought: try adding something without having to increase any requirements. Microsoft could use guys like you to make Longhorn work on 286 CPUs.
:evil: draku :evil:

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

Someday, tiny people like you will find out that tiny people like myself don`t say that because "i`m a user and i care about the network" and that we say it because, tiny people that don`t know that...will wait in vain as no big people on the network care enough for it to visit the forum and tell tiny people that there aren`t enough fonds to support tiny commands like this.

So stop being a smart a$$ and face the reality. He are here to help not to comment tiny people`s actions.
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

draku

Post by draku »

True, they don't care. Or they must be very very busy, right? I have seen such people idle for days and days on end. Great, no? Poor guys, it must be hard to have power so they must take really long breaks.

And we're not here to help, this is the "How can we improve Undernet?" part of the forum. We're here to come up with ideas to improve Undernet.

So stop worrying about the resources and start brainstorming. Post if you like an idea put forward by somebody or not and if you really must, add the "our leaders won't agree because they need more bla-bla for that" part to the end of the reply.
:evil: draku :evil:

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

discussed before.. use the damn search button please
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?

roster

Post by roster »

Wolfyx you have a pretty *cool* idea, at least i think it`s a pretty nice command but unfortunately it`s kind of impossible :(

Virtual4Ever

Post by Virtual4Ever »

The command would be very usefull but sirAndrew is perfectly right, this process would take up alot of ram and disk space also for the logs, think on how many remusers are issued daily and then maybe you will figure out how many space it would take.

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

Logs are already made..think if the /msg x access #channel user -modif :P