After Netsplits several Undernet servers set a Key.

Ask your questions about ircu and GNUWorld, share your ideas, and help the coders in their work.
LordShaitan

After Netsplits several Undernet servers set a Key.

Post by LordShaitan »

Ok, I don't get it. I've seen it several times now and it's rather annoying. Sometimes, after a Netsplit, some of the Undernet Servers, or all, just set a random Key that not even OPs can remove. Those can only be removed after you leave, get invited by any OP. After that the Key is visible in the Channel Central and can be removed. But not before. Why is that?

Homer

Post by Homer »

actually net splits doesn't set that. it might be that during the netsplit someone joins the channel andl try to set a key so he or she can stay there alone and maybe trying to "takeover", but when the servers get back from split he or she get deoped and the server will set the key.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!

LordShaitan

Post by LordShaitan »

Well, here is what I've seen in Chan.
[15:33:51] * Amsterdam2.NL.EU.undernet.org sets mode: +k *
Note that at that time everyone that was supposed to be OP, had OP. And none of them was able to remove it. The Key itself wasn't even visible, it was simply set.

Homer

Post by Homer »

as i said already, someone joined during a netsplit and was alone, when the servers connected he parted.

LordShaitan

Post by LordShaitan »

Ah, you mean on a splitted server. Now I understood. Thanks. :D

Homer

Post by Homer »

yep yep, that's it you got me :). welcome :wink: