NoOP in X

Ask your questions about ircu and GNUWorld, share your ideas, and help the coders in their work.
ZnarreZ

NoOP in X

Post by ZnarreZ »

Add an Option in X which you can turn ON and OFF if you accept getting added with Access to other channels.

To get added to other channels, you would have to turn that Option OFF

This will may prevent you to get added to alot of crapy channels.

ZnarreZ
:classic:

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

First of all there shouldn't be people adding users on the access list of a channel if they don't know them or the party does not agree to get access. Further more if you do get random access and you do not want it, you can just "remuser" yourself, it's as easy as that. I don't think there is a need of a special command for that as to most users this happens very rarely.

Regards,
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

draku

Post by draku »

Just ignore that level and don't join the channel. They'll get tired eventually and remove you.
:evil: draku :evil:

Homer

Post by Homer »

i got added in many channels, a good way to don`t get added to them, do a massban and remove yourself, i found it worked and i didn`t got added another time. :D
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

I dont really see the use in that option, coz u can easily remove your self from the access list if u do not like that certain channel, or ...as LordChris said, u can make a little take over before removing u're self so that they`ll learn to ask for permission before adding someone :devious:

Regards,
I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

Homer

Post by Homer »

and also i`m not sure if i`m wrong or no, if the subject has to do something with cservice, it has to be posted in the Channel Service Help and not in the Coder Committee, CService edit/add/delete add commands too X. (as i already said i`m not sure, if i`m not correct me)

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

Looks like it is in the correct area to me. It has to be able to be coded before CService even approves it, as far as I know.

Eenie

Homer

Post by Homer »

don`t know then, but if i`m not wrong about X commands and new fuethers should be e-mailed to cservice@undernet.org so it has to be in the cservice part, don`t know. anyway, lets keep on the subject.

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

There is a command which doesn`t prevent such things but it`s helpfull in this case it`s /msg x remuser #channel <your_username>
If what your ideea will be accepted you`ll have to set the mode off to get added in a channel uou want and than turn it back on! It`s a loss of time in my point of view! :lol:
Last edited by sirAndrew on Wed May 26, 2004 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

Razvanet wrote:... Further more if you do get random access and you do not want it, you can just "remuser" yourself, it's as easy as that. I don't think there is a need of a special command for that as to most users this happens very rarely.

sir Andrew in your opinion do you think there is a need to repete something that has already been mentioned ? anyway the command you mentioned is what I was talking about, thanx for leting everybody know it i'm sure they will find it helpfull :confused:
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

I find it usefull for the people who don`t have your knowledge and don`t know all the X commands as you do! If no one posts here, that doesn`t mean that noone reads about it!
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

ZnarreZ

Post by ZnarreZ »

Alot of refers to the "RemUser", and tnx Cservice for have that command :=)

Reason I belive NoOp option would be a good solution, is that you can get added to a really really bad channel, where you will stay added, as long as you don't know it self, and remove you. That again, can make friends, and other ppls which know/don't know you, to start wondering about you.

I would also suggest to have that NoOp turned ON, default, because if a user want to be added, (s)he should then be able to know how to turn off that NoOp. (if that was/will be/is added)

ZnarreZ
:classic:

ZeroSlashe®

Post by ZeroSlashe® »

ZnarreZ wrote:Reason I belive NoOp option would be a good solution, is that you can get added to a really really bad channel, where you will stay added, as long as you don't know it self, and remove you.
That would be something really stupid if someone actually did that, why would someone add a person to the Op-list and especially on some bad chan? If it's that bad and the user who got added to it might either """abuse""" the op-status or report it.

Personally i think the NoOp sounds a bit confusing and a bit useless.

Reason why i think it is useless?
What's wrong with being added as an Op or not? If people are not sure anymore on where they are added they should go to http://cservice.undernet.org/live or just /msg X info (username) so they can always see where they are added or not, besides that, it noticed myself that most people even ask before they add u anyway.

:music:
[img]http://members.chello.nl/zeroslasher/twat.jpg[/img]

t0xicity

Post by t0xicity »

i think its useless too :oops:
embrace me..surround me..