Helpers

Here is where you can post your comments about the network, give ideas for changes and what live-events you would like to see.
skiler

Post by skiler »

Dado que mucho se ha sucitado ultimamente sobre el $decode tengo una buena sugerencia al respecto ya que hay varias versiones.. a los usuarios que vean infectados, para saber exactamente que remote tiene cargado pidanle teclear /play -trfiles [tu-nick] mirc.ini esto te enseñara que remote tiene cargado con infeccion pudiese ser algo como Trojan.ini troyan.ini A en dado caso si ven algun remote sospechoso entonces especificamente pedirle al usuario el respectivo /unload -rs [File]y su /remove [File] esto hara mas efectiva su labor con $decode, de manera rapida efectiva y sin tantos parametros como el antiguo //var blah blah blah

Saludos a todos

sKiLeR_FZ

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: skiler on 2002-03-18 13:29 ]</font>

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

Sounds like spanish, a language I hardly understand, but from what I've been able to decipher it's about lamers poking users to type some $decode crap that infects there mIRC.

If you fall for this trick, you are stupid anyways and deserve to get infected. Trojans that spread through IRC actually live on the stupidity of users simply accepting files and open them without using there brains. Maybe when they saw what damage it causes they will think twice next time before doing the same mistake again.

A lot of trojans could easily be defeated and eliminated if all ISP's would start caring, they should start installing trojan scanners on there webservers and mailservers, as soon as someone tries to upload a webpage that gets used to spread an ActiveX trojan or vbs style trojan -> block it, log the ip and deal with the abuser

As soon as someone mails a trojan, btrace back the moron to it's origin and deal with him.
Trojans pollute the network (so does spam, but thats another story). And it's time for ISP's to take action, not simply put responsibility on there customers, but take active part in dealing with it as well. It's worth the investments.
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

skiler, to information aqui es muy buena, mucha hente con esta problema..es un buen consejo...gracias
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

cArLiLLoS

Post by cArLiLLoS »

You have completely misinterpreted skiler's post. He was warning users to be careful with the decode thing and how they could check their files or avoid getting infected. Spanish isn't a hard language but if improperly translated, it results in serious misunderstandings.

Carlos

lemuel

Post by lemuel »

better in English :roll:

Kaac

Post by Kaac »

OUTsider, you are completely right, but unfortunately, trojans spread due to inocent users. Most of them have no idea what such thing is, so when someone advertises regarding a code or about seeing Britney Spears naked, for example, they quickly click. Unfortunately, my sister is one of them, so I had to set up a password for my IRC client, eh. Advanced users do not spread it, inocent ones do.

wensu

Post by wensu »

/decode OUTsider

- wensu

YounGun

Post by YounGun »

I think skiller's post is important, thus it shold of been posted in english. That way, more users would get benefit out of the information that is in it. From what i could gather, it also has some infection cleaning instructions. i'm not sure how healthy this is, irc clients infections are usualy a secondary "consequence" of viruses, a means of spreading, so cleaning mIRC doesn't mean the pc is cleaned. It's best to leave this to the ones that handle removals, we have many channels for that.

According to the new AUP, english should be used on the forum, exempt for the sections created specially for that language. The rules apply to everybody, don't they?
[img]http://wiki.castlecops.com/images/f/f6/MVPLogo1w.gif[/img]

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

YounGun said:
According to the new AUP, english should be used on the forum, exempt for the sections created specially for that language. The rules apply to everybody, don't they?
Yes, since the AUP was posted, we have been enforcing it. We did not go back through the entire forum and delete/edit/correct posts that did not adhere to the AUP before the AUP was posted.

Trust me, many posts have been deleted since then that do not comply with the AUP. They are usually deleted before most people even read them, so most people would not know this is going on.

Eenie
:)

YounGun

Post by YounGun »

Yes, you are right again Eenie, I wasn't paying attention to the date of skiler's post. I know the mods enforce the AUP, but I imagine it would be a dificult task to do, considering the number of active moderators, and the traffic that is on the Undernet Forum. Anyway you guys are doing a good job. :D
[img]http://wiki.castlecops.com/images/f/f6/MVPLogo1w.gif[/img]

lemuel

Post by lemuel »

cArLiLLoS wrote:You have completely misinterpreted skiler's post. He was warning users to be careful with the decode thing and how they could check their files or avoid getting infected.
and if users were infected with this $decode they can ask for help just login to Undernet and then join #vh #dmsetup or #nohack these are the Virus Removal Channels here on Undernet.
I love Maria Katrina Rey

cArLiLLoS

Post by cArLiLLoS »

lemuel, stop replying to so old and largely discussed topics.