Why Dosen`t Undernet changes the Web Inferface?

Here is where you can post your comments about the network, give ideas for changes and what live-events you would like to see.
virtualuser

Why Dosen`t Undernet changes the Web Inferface?

Post by virtualuser »

you`re free to goin this discution .... the Undernet page has served for meani years .... but ... can it be done some changes a new logo or a new interactive web interface..... :confused:

zK

Post by zK »

I agree it' almost the same for ages, but notice that last in Christmas 2002 they had some cute Santa hats in corners 'n' stuff :P
Anyway, I hardly think it will be changed, unless it's a special ocasion.
Fear the Pufulix!
#q3 @ Undernet IRC Network

Yes, I'm Etherfast =)

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

Maybe they simply like it the way it is ? Ever thought about that ?
I like the way it looks and it's better if it would remain like that.

People got used to the way it works and would need to figure out stuff again when you change it..
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?

draku

Post by draku »

* Special announcements (Last Update: 20 Aug 1999)
:classic: That's the only thing that "bothers" me. The Cservice web interface is OK. It doesn't need a new logo or another look. That is, until the people in charge get bored of this one . 8) A change would be nice, though.

P.S.: the Edit Settings button is not working again... :-? :roll: :cry:

Peace!
:evil: draku :evil:

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

Sincerly, I HATE IT, from all the: out of date stuff to the horrible colour and the over all look.To me it's "cold and extremly user unfriendly" However it's not suppose to be a "fun" page but a page you use to check channel users...to apply for X and other CService "services". Besides CService people are volunteers, we can't make them waste time on useless stuff like that..."they have a life" and "other important matters to solve".

Kind Regards,

Note: Sentence in italic it's not meant to offend anyone, it's purely sarcasm !
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

Kaac

Post by Kaac »

Draku, you misunderstood. This thread is about the Undernet.Org interface, not Cservice.Undernet.Org one. Anyway, I agree with the one saying that changing would lead to a longer time to figure out how it works. What mathers for a web site is to be easy to use and understand and load quickly. This is not a web design web site or something to have difficult to create animations and stuff. I think it should remain like this. Regarding Cservice.Undernet.Org interface, it is extremly easy to use, except the part with Web Interface. Most people have no idea that link goes to the log in page. As a final conclussion, I agree with the current interfaces.

Stefanoo

Post by Stefanoo »

its the same with dalnet and efnet.. old school !
Stefano @ Douaihy.org

vigilante

Post by vigilante »

OUTsider wrote:Maybe they simply like it the way it is ? Ever thought about that ?
I like the way it looks and it's better if it would remain like that.

People got used to the way it works and would need to figure out stuff again when you change it..

Smart reply, i agree totally.... its better to get used to the same website, and nothings even wrong with the current design... so why change?

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

Reaaaaaaallllyyyyyyyyy old topic guys...it`s nothing wrong with the current design.....
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

cArLiLLoS

Post by cArLiLLoS »

vigilante seems to be one of those who spend their time replying to as many posts as possible to increase their scores, no matter if their replies are silly or outdated. They just don't say anything at all.

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

I guess this discussion is over.

Topic locked.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko