Forum Usename Restriction

Here is where you can post your comments about the network, give ideas for changes and what live-events you would like to see.
TheAbyss

Forum Usename Restriction

Post by TheAbyss »

Hi. Wouldnt it be nice if some characters in forum username registrations would be restricted? Like letters from other languages that have different characters... like áóäöã for example, or maybe some \/|. That would improve the forum :) I'm looking forward for your oppinions!

Regards,
TheAbyss
~ He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an Abyss, The Ábyss gazes also into you. ~

Homer

Post by Homer »

TheAbyss wrote:Hi. Wouldnt it be nice if some characters in forum username registrations would be restricted? Like letters from other languages that have different characters... like áóäöã for example, or maybe some \/|. That would improve the forum :) I'm looking forward for your oppinions!

Regards,
TheAbyss

having \/ | characters is ok, having "áóäöã" won't be really a nice idea, many won't even understand what that is nor how to write it.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!

lilithia

Post by lilithia »

yeah, don't misunderstand but usernames like "áóäöã" are kinda annoying, and not understandable at all by too many users..

anyway..regards.
"i don't even remember how to spell 'photographer'."

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

I dont realy mind with the \/|s but áóäöã are very anoying... so any forum webmaster can give us an answer here? :)
~ He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an Abyss, The Ábyss gazes also into you. ~

lemuel

Post by lemuel »

phew... quite interesting isn't it? buhbye too all ALIENS in the forum :D
Anyway I agree with some restrictions of the forum username that we are choosing.. why not think of something good instead of something weird? :classic:
I love Maria Katrina Rey

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

Yeap! Disable "*lemuel*" :P The Memberlist is full of usernames nosence and strange characters...

lemuel

Post by lemuel »

*off topic*

LOL hell NO anyways if this will take effect later might be a good solution to make the forum clean
I love Maria Katrina Rey

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

Last edited by Mitko on Fri May 27, 2005 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

a-z, A-Z, 1-9, \, /, {, }, [, ], `, |, -, _ only :)

Hyper^

Post by Hyper^ »

TheAbyss wrote:a-z, A-Z, 1-9, \, /, {, }, [, ], `, |, -, _ only :)

hmmm what about "0" <-- is there any problem with it? :roll:
Watch out your attitude! Follow the white rabbit...

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

Last edited by Mitko on Fri May 27, 2005 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

true i forgot the 0 :P sry and Mitko you forgot many letters in lowercase and all in upercase :) So what can be done about this? As far as i know there isnt a username restriction addon for phpbb that allows wildcards (*)