Drones again!!

Here is where you can post your comments about the network, give ideas for changes and what live-events you would like to see.
anone

Drones again!!

Post by anone »

About a year ago I began to be unable to get onto Undernet, each time being bounced with a snotty comment about "drones" and k-lines. I don't use drones. I don't use bots. I clean my system regularly with Spybot, and I wouldn't know a drone from a clone. I'm just an individual user, maddened when I can't get onto the Undernet. Last year, however, I was k-lined because of drones for several months. One day about 4 months after the initial drone/k-line incident, I was able to get on again. Nothing had changed from my end.

A few weeks ago, I found that again I could not get on. Drones. K-lined. I switched from mIRC to vIRC, and vIRC worked for a couple of weeks, but no more. WTF?

Any suggestions or ideas for fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

draku

Post by draku »

Since your puter is clean, contact your ISP and thell the admins to instruct the users to protect their computers.
:evil: draku :evil:

wensu

Post by wensu »

anone,

send abuse@undernet.org your ip address, and a copy of the banned from server or g:line replies

- wensu

anone

Post by anone »

So much for Spybot! I'd been using it regularly along with a eZ Antivirus, which I update regularly. However, Mr. Clean (NAYY) found a Trojan. Thanks for your help, all.

anone

Post by anone »

Mr. Clean/The Cleaner hasn't gotten everything, apparently. I now can log on via vIRC but not via mIRC.

anone

Post by anone »

One more FINAL comment, I hope.

Mr. Clean found and nuked a Trojan (SideSearch from Lycos, in case you're interested in blocking noxious sites from your system). After sweeping with Mr. Clean, I was able to log on to Undernet with vIRC. However, when I tried to use mIRC, the network still was k-lining me. I looked for SideSearch again and found it in my recycle bin, which obviously was where Mr. Clean put it. I emptied the recycle bin and voila! I was once again able to log on to Undernet using mIRC. So now I am good to go until I pick up another piece of crapware.

wensu

Post by wensu »

http://users.bigpond.com/wensu/security.html might have helped too.

- wensu

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

the reason why you can use virc without issues is because I haven't seen any trojan yet using visual irc as spreading mechanism. mirc however works differently and is commonly used, thus a yummie breakfast for trojans.
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?

Irku

Post by Irku »

yarrr, mIRC is delicious! :lol:

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

Since drones are heavily discussed in other topics around this forum I decided to lock this thread. No hard feelings folks.
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?