Ede K-lines .ro

Here is where you can post your comments about the network, give ideas for changes and what live-events you would like to see.
draku

Ede K-lines .ro

Post by draku »

[22:21:47] *** You are banned from connecting to this server ("Go find a closer server (like Bucharest.Ro.Eu.Undernet.Org).")
[22:21:47] -
[22:21:47] *** Error: Closing Link: draku by Ede.NL.EU.UnderNet.Org (K-lined)

It is a sad day for all... Ede.NL.EU.UnderNet.Org has chosen to K-line .ro , or at least the people that have reverse DNS ending in .ro . It is a great server and very stable. I hope they reconsider. No, I won't use Bucharest. I'd like to, but 15 channels are a bit too little for me. Maybe this is a wake-up call to get me to lose some channels. Where to start, where to start...

Peace!
:evil: draku :evil:

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

You`re right it is a sad day but if you try to connect to a us undernet server sometimes you`ll get a k-line advising you to connect to a eu server! So i see 2 issues here! 1:maybe it`s not a protection against romanians because it is better to use a server near your location! and the second issue would be in case the k-line is real and it`s purpose is to stop romanians! but admins have the right to choose their clients! this morning i tried to connect to the Ede.nl.eu.undernet.org, might i add i`m from romania and there was no k-line! so suck k-line doesn`t exist! Be good don`t do drugs :lol:
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

mxxl

Post by mxxl »

No, I won't use Bucharest. I'd like to, but 15 channels are a bit too little for me.

OMG :dozingoff:

bellea

Post by bellea »

It is not sad because romanians get banned on a server! That's nothing

The real problem is that Racism still lives through Undernet-ers and that is SAD and unacceptable!

Hopefully they'll reconsider and apologize , though it's the right thing to do!
Now all ircops can relax ... though i am gone :lol:

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

A serveradmin may decide on his own what clients he wants to accept or not.
It's more shamefull that romanians have brought along a lot of troubles with them. Wherever you see romanians, there are more takeovers, lame spams that try to infect users etc etc etc.

Am I a racist now ? No, just stating FACTS here.

If you have a problem with that, then I suggest not even to TRY ircnet. That network has restricted most country to use more local servers. Certain ISP's are only allowed on servers that are local for them.

Also consider that using a more local server helps improving the network as well. ISP's mostly have more domestic transit available then international. thus if everyone is using a server outside his country while there is a domestic one. Then you only overload the hosting ISP's international traffic bills.

Ever considered mailing the admin of the server and ask him to raise the MAXCHANS value ? Probably not, the only thing you folks do is complain. Go try to do something instead of only complaining. Coz that really gives me a headache.
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?

W3bmaster

Post by W3bmaster »

why people always think Romanians are racists ... its sad dudes :cry:

im Romainan too and I dont like what I hear
anyway, these posts dont belong here (my opinion), the point was to suggest ideeas that can improove Undernet (on IRC and http), dont u think so ? :confused:
Proud to be romanian

cArLiLLoS

Post by cArLiLLoS »

Romania has its own server, connect to it.

It's becoming a topic that if someone messes with romanians, it's inmediately called racism or injustice. Kinda the same as happens in the real life, mention the word "jew" and you'll be tagged nazi or racist, mention the word "arab" or "muslim" and people will automatically think up in "terrorism". All this crap is just called prejudice. Its removal is impossible as human beings are imperfect and very few really think by themselves. But dragging this bullshit into the Undernet is hilarious, cinic and silly.

Regards

Carlos

W3bmaster

Post by W3bmaster »

i agree with you ... but still, its sad what people think about Romanians :cry:
Proud to be romanian

ZeroSlashe®

Post by ZeroSlashe® »

W3bmaster wrote:i agree with you ... but still, its sad what people think about Romanians :cry:

i agree... 50%, i've spend 3 years on a romanian channel and i enjoyed the friendship i had... untill a few months ago.. but that's something else.

Sure people sometimes think negative about romanians, but it's not US who made it think by our selves, it's them who made US think about them.

Btw, this topic isn't just about dissing romanians off right, it's about why romanians can hardly connect to thet specific ede.nl server and others.

:)
[img]http://members.chello.nl/zeroslasher/twat.jpg[/img]

W3bmaster

Post by W3bmaster »

well... in my opinion, the answer is simple: just use Bucharest.Ro.EU.Undernet.org (aka 2peu.ro)... this is the closest server .. :) i dont know why Romanians want or need to use other servers
Proud to be romanian

[8]Mile

Post by [8]Mile »

W3bmaster wrote:i dont know why Romanians want or need to use other servers

Err... maybe because Bucharest.Ro* is crappy?
[8]Mile

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

If you think it's crappy why don't you start your own server, and try to link it to Undernet ! ?
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.