Making X Kill users?!

Here is where you can post your comments about the network, give ideas for changes and what live-events you would like to see.
Saktas

Making X Kill users?!

Post by Saktas »

Just a thought,

If I am logged into X and I dc can X kill off my ghost by me logging in again?

Just an idea :)

puterfixer

Post by puterfixer »

The server will automatically disconnect the ghost after a specific time (30 to 90 seconds usually, might be different from one server to another) with a Ping timeout message. Until then, you can not log in to X because the X server only allows one connection to be logged in with a specific username. You could trick the server to detect the old connection being a ghost by pinging the ghost. X isn't supposed to replicate a nickserv and kill ghosts or manage connections; just wait for one minute.

El_Caifan

Post by El_Caifan »

I really agree with him, because in some servers, the ghost remains almost 5 minutes, and this time is enough to get our IP address exposed. There are many many lammers looking for this to do many things :roll:

Other option can be, let the use of MAXLOGINS to 2.

Greetings.

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

Yes, maxlogin=2 is so much needed with the lag we have on Undernet. It can take a very long time to wait for a ghost to die, up to 20-30 minutes of late!

Eenie
:)

kN_

Post by kN_ »

Eenie, you can e-mail to CService@undernet.org with your suggestion(s). Then have patience for a reply. It takes normally 3-5 days.

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

LOL kidnapper. They have been emailed on this issue. They actually think that the server DOES disconnect the ghost within 30-90 seconds!!!

I still would love to see maxlogins at 2 for when the server does NOT disconnect the ghost within 30-90 seconds, and one has to wait 20-30 minutes to log in.

Eenie

kN_

Post by kN_ »

Well, the server disconnects any idle client which doesn't reply to the Ping! protocol sent by the server after at most 2*120 seconds. (the time lengths between two PING? PONG! are 60, 90, 120 usually). When the servers are desynched it take a bit more until the disconnection. (more than ten minutes). It has nothing to do with CService, it's an IRCd problem.
Sorry to say, but only CSC members and network officials may have that option enabled. And you know, it has been disabled for normal users due to abuse.

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

Yes, kidnapper, we know this. Normal users still have a need for this with Undernet servers so often lagged. This is a section for suggestions, that is my suggestion.

No need to post the obvious.

Eenie

kN_

Post by kN_ »

Let me remind you one thing, once they had the option (i'm reffering to normal users) they started to abuse (note: i'm not saying you abused). That might explain why it was disabled for normal users.

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

How many times must you state that, kidnapper?

Eenie

kN_

Post by kN_ »

Uhm, sorry about that Eenie (and i did only two times =p).