About the global notice

here you can make posts that do not belong in other forums
MrEen

Re: About the global notice

Post by MrEen »

Well gee, thanks. I guess I'll give that a try.

Assuming it works, maybe the original attempt I made had a typo somewhere (very common, though usually caught after the first failure.) I do know how to write a simple script and made several that were not so simple.

And your second code block should be combined into one line with an OR comparison thusly:

on ^*:NOTICE:*:*:{ if ((#class isin $1-) || (#opschool isin $1-)) { halt } }

Thanks for the tip,
MrEen
The bigger fish.

xplo

Post by xplo »

yes you could add them together, but some people might wanna know something about class, and some other about opschool , so this is why i gave you 2 seperate commands, for 2 seperate channels.,

cauz with yours some people might be afraid to remove one channel name..

anyway, you got it right ;)
Go to hell with your questions, my time is done here. It was fun, but this network is sooooo corrupted by morons, its not worth it.

MrEen

Post by MrEen »

I'm betting this one is going to work. I missed the ^ previously and Xaifas didn't have one either in his.
The bigger fish.

Xaifas

Post by Xaifas »

Em3r1c4 wrote:you could use this remote script line in your mIRC's remotes.

Code: Select all

on ^*:NOTICE:*:*:{ if (#class isin $1-) { halt } }

this will make sure that if you recieve a notice with #CLASS in it, you will not see it.

The notices about #class changes from time to time..

If you want to add one for #opschool too just add a 2nd line

Ex:.

on ^*:NOTICE:*:*:{ if (#class isin $1-) { halt } }
on ^*:NOTICE:*:*:{ if (#opschool isin $1-) { halt } }

The code might look too simple, but i think that this way some people may understand it better then using Regex like The one Above..

Regards, xplorer.

Addding two same events in remote leads to mailfunction N00B! only one of them will work :classic:

Xaifas

Post by Xaifas »

MrEen wrote:I'm betting this one is going to work. I missed the ^ previously and Xaifas didn't have one either in his.

"^" needs haltdef

MrEen

Post by MrEen »

Xaifas wrote:
MrEen wrote:I'm betting this one is going to work. I missed the ^ previously and Xaifas didn't have one either in his.

"^" needs haltdef

Not according to mIRC's help file (although I had thought that would be the case as well.) According to /help halting text :

on ^1:JOIN:#:echo $chan Joins: $nick | halt

This line is triggered by a JOIN event and shows your own custom join event message, /halt prevents the normal message from being shown.

Personally, I'm going to use haltdef anyway.

MrEen
The bigger fish.

MrEen

Post by MrEen »

MrEen wrote:
Personally, I'm going to use haltdef anyway.

MrEen

I never got around to changing it in time for Friday's class and it still worked. So to answer the original poster, put this in remotes (assuming you use mIRC):

on ^*:NOTICE:*:*:{ if ((#class isin $1-) || (#opschool isin $1-)) { halt } }

MrEen
The bigger fish.