Nobody is going to do anything?

here you can make posts that do not belong in other forums
xplora

Re: Nobody is going to do anything?

Post by xplora »

So what you are all suggesting is, just because one idiot user that happens to have the same ISP as you, we should look at Blocking your whole ISP to block 1 bot, how does that help you? Doesn't does it since you get blocked too. Admittedly that is an extreme example, but if Undernet has to block an ISP because they wont take responsibility to make sure their clients aren't helping hackers etc, then what you are advocating is the blocking of an entire ISP from undernet, and when that happens, that ISP could be yours. If you complain to the ISP's you automatically pass the responsibility on to them to deal with, whether they do or not.

Undernet has no ability to actually block the hacked machines nor can we clean them (major legal issues in most countries), Undernet can only block IP's, since ISP's control the IP's, if they want their customers to be able to IRC on Undernet, then it's their responsibility to make sure their clients do not give Undernet cause to block their IP's. If an ISP does not want to listen to complaints about it's customers, then there isn't anything we or Undernet can do except block the ISP's IP's, but that again, doesn't solve the problem, the machine is still hacked, and it's only a matter of time before the ISP gets more IP's, or the owner of the hacked host changes ISP's and we are back to square 1, complaining to an ISP, we gotta complain to them, the more we complain to them, the more we make them responsible for their customers bad computers. If you do not want to complain to the ISP's of those IP's, then you are worse than you claim Undernet is for not dealing with the situation.
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee

Xaifas

Post by Xaifas »

xplora did u even read what i said? ... uhh .. 95% of the botnet controlers use registered users as controling host .. like *!*@wuteva.users.undernet.org .... how can i see his ip to contact his isp?! can't! .. but i will do that for the rest of them .. :(

toolz

Post by toolz »

That might be true xp, but how come.. from all the largest IRC networks in the world Undernet is the only one full of bots, drones and whatever those things are?

These things can be stopped, if others cleaned, Undernet can clean aswell, but there must be something else, I don't know what :)

Spidel

Post by Spidel »

I tell you what. A brave Jedi that's what undernet needs. :inlove:

P.S : This has been overly discussed and frankly i hate seeing the same posts or with the same meaning on threads but with different topic names. :thumbsup:
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."

xplo

Post by xplo »

Spidel wrote:
P.S : This has been overly discussed and frankly i hate seeing the same posts or with the same meaning on threads but with different topic names. :thumbsup:

Did we see some changes, ? NOT!

This topic did not Get overly discussed, you are not forced to reply.

XploreR :alien:
Go to hell with your questions, my time is done here. It was fun, but this network is sooooo corrupted by morons, its not worth it.

Spidel

Post by Spidel »

Em3r1c4 wrote:
Spidel wrote:

Did we see some changes, ? NOT!

This topic did not Get overly discussed, you are not forced to reply.

XploreR :alien:

i had to reply as i was seeing this topic is going waaaaaay off-topic getting to the same old subject that has been already debated, the undernet user who opened this thread has been already answered and been given advices now this thread turned into some other discussion. We either should stick to the topic or we should post in the other thread which is still open where we can debate and i can assure you network abusers or/and drones aren't so easy to deal with, it's not like claping your hands and they dissapear, are gone that would be easy but it takes time. solutions exists but each solution has a bad part and others might have to suffer for the sake of others. If you personally care so much about UnderNet network, you'd shut your mouth and do something useful for it instead of saying inappropriate things about people that you have no clue who they are, because there's no possibly way of YOU can do something about it or to change something, nobody can; only those who are in charge whether you like it or not.
And as a tip the best thing you can do is to give advices or suggestions, trust me is way better then saying non-sense. And if you feel like you're ignored or your ideas are ignored that doesn't mean you have to yell at them just because they haven't been applied, you must suck it up and go on as this what life is all about. Nothing and nobody is perfect not even UnderNet; even if things will be improved there always be other issues that has to be taken care of or something else will be standing in our way to make this network to be the best network ever (e.g lame people) just like now.

P.S : If nothing has been changed until now, what's the point of debating a subject that it's been discussed and nobody did a thing? Think twice, before you post something dumb.

Just my 2 ¢ 'n try to have fun.
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."

`Dan

Post by `Dan »

What does undernet needs ? As Xaifas said ... Seekndestroy with O:Line , then undernet would be safer and cleaner.
#Nastrand and #Class member.

HeyHey

Post by HeyHey »

By Xplora: "So what you are all suggesting is, just because one idiot user that happens to have the same ISP as you, we should look at Blocking your whole ISP to block 1 bot, how does that help you? Doesn't does it since you get blocked too. "

This is really Hilarious.

Feel free to block 86.104.223.* and 86.104.220.* if, by a chance, you detect any colateral damage, any other blocked but "trouble makers" I invite you to dinner :)

Revival

Post by Revival »

I think, alot of things were discussed repeatedly and maybe answered multiple times, So A moderator can directly guide people to the right pages where is that subject discussed or answered? because discussing the same subject repeatedly doesn't make any sense to you? even if people had a new idea to fix it out or finds out a way to decrease the damage of that problem ? what a fool point..

If the same subject being openned by the same person again, then you will be right, But you dont need to be an einstein to see the difference, here is wide-open for the all people, and is it normally to people will ask the same questions again and again or opens a new topic to discuss something maybe it were discussed before but doesn't mean won't be discussed anymore.. So as you were told none forcing you to thread this needle.. Don't feel so much that you're responsible of everything happens on this earth named undernet, People can ask the same questions 10000000 times or more and discuss it till solved or can provide some solution..etc while the world continue turning..

According the exact question were asked, There is a channel named #Report-Abuse dealing with such kind of issues and contacting with their ISP companies, and In this team, there is some Cservice officials and some IRC operators cooperating.. Those bots\drones being G-lined and If those bots are logged in, then gets suspended. 2 Days ago, A guest joined and reported a channel as full of abusive bots, and the one of our IRC operators directly handle it and glined them out. Better you can guide people to join #Report-Abuse and they will do this job as requested more than expected you. Everyone is welcomed to #Report-Abuse, You can join and ask what is happening or what is happened, or what can be done.. Dont be shy to talk, that's the only one thing we get in touch with..

Talking nonse by said server administrators dont wish to clean their servers UP because maintain the server, because they cheating themselves by kept those bots on? that's the obvious nonsense words written by yourself, so correct yourself first then teach others..

(There are always guiltiness if the act of justice doesnt exist)
Best Regards/RevivaL

xplora

Post by xplora »

Xaifas wrote:xplora did u even read what i said? ... uhh .. 95% of the botnet controlers use registered users as controling host .. like *!*@wuteva.users.undernet.org .... how can i see his ip to contact his isp?! can't! .. but i will do that for the rest of them .. :(

Considering the post you are responding to, I have to suggest that perhaps you should take your own advise. I was not talking about the idiot drone runner, I was talking about the user that wont fix their hacked and probably virus infected computer the bot/drone is running on. I gotta believe most drone runners are smart enough not to run drones from computers on their own internet service provider, otherwise they risk getting themselves blocked from the services they are attacking, although I have come across a couple of drone runners that are that stupid.
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee

Xaifas

Post by Xaifas »

OUCH. If i contact each isp of each drone il end up being dead of old age .. cuz there are tens of thousands of them :hurt:
And contacting the isp of an infected one is "not fair" .. im 100% that the owner of that IP from which the drone runs is NOT EVEN AWARE of his infection, cuting him off would be like "wtf" for him ... :baaa:
And yeah I saw some *kiddies* who had their real ip for controlin the drones ... anyway ... im done talking about this subject

Regards
Xaifas

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

There are about 37.000 eggdrops/emechs registered on http://uptime.eggheads.org/stats/. Most of which are well on undernet LOL. Remember these are friendly bots.

Now substract that from the 100-110k users undernet has at any give time. Now think there are at least 3 times more unfriendly bots on undernet, than there are friendly (drones, clones, bnc, emechs - to flood or keep nicks ). Substract that too from the undernet userlist at any given time.

Now think about all the friendly bots, channel guardians that are NOT registered on eggheads. Substract that from the userlist too.

Now if you were an undernet admin would you in your right mind do anything to cut your userbase so dramaticly?

WAKE UP PEOPLE! IRC is not trendy anymore, people left a long time ago. It's just us 20-30k users and a hello of robots with various reasons and purposes.

And cut the crap with undernet is the only network with drones/clones/bot problems. Just because undernet is the only place with active botnet runners who attack you, doesn't mean it's the only network with problems.

Regards, andrew

Later edit: The issue has been over discussed and i'm not willing to witness anymore, so i'm gonna give you guys the posibility to reply and then i'm going to close this thread.
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

markk

Post by markk »

I agree with sirAndrew, every network has the potential to come under attack, it is unlikely that Undernet is the only one.
People who search for IT Jobs typically find Jobs in IT