Undernet - Radio Project

here you can make posts that do not belong in other forums
p1nk

Undernet - Radio Project

Post by p1nk »

Undernet - Radio Project

We hope we will have succed, i want to open a channel that channel will be *CENSORED SPAM* and i hope that i will have succed with that, i want to dedicate this Radio Channel to Undernet network.. sound interesting.?? ;p :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

SilverSword

Post by SilverSword »

You should take a look regarding the risks of making a pirate (non-licensed) radio station. The idea sounds nice, but there's a big problem with it. I don't know what you meant more, advertising your channel or making a good thing (trying to make...)
But, let's get to the point.

There is a direct link between illegal broadcasting and serious crime. Illegal broadcasters sometimes resort to violence against caretakers, council workers and residents in an attempt to locate their transmitters in public buildings. Raids on studios of illegal broadcasters have uncovered weapons, including firearms. There have also been reports of violent acts committed by members of rival illegal radio stations. These include serious assaults and shootings.

There is a link between illegal broadcasters and illegal drugs. Raids have uncovered a range of illegal substances. There is evidence that illegal broadcasters send coded messages to dealers and users by playing a particular song to indicate that drugs are ready for collection. Money raised through advertising events at nightclubs on illegal radio stations is sometimes used to finance the purchase of drugs for sale at these events

Illegal broadcasting fuels theft. Legitimate commercial broadcasters and transmission companies have been targeted by thieves seeking high-quality equipment such as transmitters, encoders and processors.

Illegal broadcasters cause interference with legitimate broadcasts. The growth in illegal broadcasting poses a threat to the operation of some of the country's essential safety of life services by causing interference with these services. This year Ofcom has responded to 41 such cases. Services that have been affected include: National Air Traffic Services, the Metropolitan Police and London Fire Brigade.

Most regular radio listeners will have encountered illegal broadcasting at some time as illegal broadcasting often interferes with legitimate radio stations.

Mobile phone coverage can also be affected when masts and base stations have to be shut down by telephone engineers to repair damage caused by illegal broadcasters

What does the law say?

Under this Act Ofcom issues licences to radio broadcasters. The Act also sets out offences. They include: broadcasting without a licence, allowing premises to be used for unauthorised broadcasting, facilitating broadcasting and causing deliberate interference to any wireless telegraphy. Under the Act, Ofcom and police officers can enter and search premises. Ofcom and police officers have the power to seize and detain equipment used for illegal broadcasting under the authority of a search warrant.

Communications Act 2003
On conviction on indictment, an unlimited fine and/or two years in prison and the confiscation of equipment is the maximum penalty for illegal broadcasting. Anyone convicted of an offence is barred from working for a legitimate radio station for five years.

In 2004 Ofcom took 1,021 enforcement actions nationwide. This included the seizure of transmitters, the disconnection of transmitters and aerials and 30 raids on illegal broadcasters' studios.

Ofcom works with local police and councils to prosecute illegal broadcasters, with a 100% successful conviction rate. In 2004 some 52 people were convicted.

Source: http://www.ofcom.org.uk

Think twice.
[/b]

Etherfast

Post by Etherfast »

I believe an ONLINE radio cannot interfere with any other radio station ;)
Etherfast

ZeroSlashe®

Post by ZeroSlashe® »

and to add with that ... ONLINE radio stations are not always illegal!
Get sponsors and then get your broadcasting license!
The worst part of broadcasting online is the money you have to pay for these silly licenses. You pay a darn fortune in some countries just to get the license, while others are very cheap.
So do some research first on the online radio thing and see how much it costs. I assume that Undernet does not want to be involved with an 'illega' online radio station =)

Puck7

Post by Puck7 »

I dont even think undernet would be interested in a radio station. If they would have been interested in this they would have done it years before. I think this guy just wants to advertise his channel and maybe find some listeners for the romanian radio, because YES, the radio is and would be romanian.

Stefanoo

Post by Stefanoo »

Not being racist or anything but I rather see an irc radio up like his radio then have to listen to israeli radios.

[wm] Radio Tel-Aviv (Israel)
[wm] Radio Bu99fm (Israel)
[wm] Galgalatz (Israel)
[wm] IsraRadio (Israel)
[wm] Nottingham 96.2 Trent FM (UK)
[rm] Mizrahit Radio (Israel)
[wm] Trance Chillout
[rm] BBC Radio 1 (UK)
[wm] Wolf FM (Internet)
[wm] Flow 93.5
[wm] Century 106fm (UK)
[wm] Hard Trance
[wm] Ministry Of Sound Radio
Stefano @ Douaihy.org

ZeroSlashe®

Post by ZeroSlashe® »

*sits back on the forum*
I don't get you... what has radio stations got to do with countries.
If they play good music, i listen, if they have a 1 hr conversation, i change.
It's all about the music, not about the country.

cArLiLLoS

Post by cArLiLLoS »

Stefanoo

Post by Stefanoo »

ZeroSlashe® wrote:*sits back on the forum*
I don't get you... what has radio stations got to do with countries.
If they play good music, i listen, if they have a 1 hr conversation, i change.
It's all about the music, not about the country.

ah yeah and since when someone tune in an israeli radio to listen to music?

im not saying they dont have good music, in fact their radio is kinda same oriental family, greek turkish lebanese & arabic but still..

you should take in consideration the nationalities of the users. knowing that the tast of music varies from a country to another. how about a spanish radio? a latino one? french one? italian one? arabic one? romanian one..

i personaly listen to ministry of sound from time to time, but most of the time itune in french radios such nostalgie or NRJ
Stefano @ Douaihy.org

ZeroSlashe®

Post by ZeroSlashe® »

Stefanoo wrote:i personaly listen to ministry of sound from time to time, but most of the time itune in french radios such nostalgie or NRJ

There you go, everybody has their own taste. But still the curiousity of a person does make people listen to other radio stations aswell :)

Anyhow, if Undernet wants a radio station, you still need a license to pay the tracks to be broadcasted and like i said before, that costs money. Still there is always a solution... find sponsors, then start playing. :)

simba

Post by simba »

Maybe I like Israeli radio ? :-)

Anyway, there will be no official Undernet Radio station since the project was rejected by the admins...

S

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

Thank you, that was our show. Good night.

Topic closed. Channel names and websites will be removed.
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.