We Create A New Channel For Banned Users.

here you can make posts that do not belong in other forums
undermaster

We Create A New Channel For Banned Users.

Post by undermaster »

Hi, All Users Of Undernet. This My First Time I Write Here :oops: ,My Nick is: COMISAIRE24 and User is: UnderMaster ,Maybe Some Of You know Me.

After Thinking A Lot, me and with some friends create a channel for banned people , banned with or without reason , we are the intermediaire between users and opers who banned the user. We Know is difficult to do it, but with our good staff, we can grow although we need some help by Ircops. now we are creating a homepage about this channel. We need the contribution of all of you.

I Think the best server is Undernet although there is some rules have to be changed, because there from 1996 and 1997 and now we are on 2005 wowwwwwwwww (i'm in undernet since 1997 :o ).

Finally i hope the contribution of all of you (Señor admins, Admins , IRcops, helpers, and 100% our good users) :) thanKs all and have a good day . [/i][/b]
Last edited by undermaster on Tue May 31, 2005 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

advance

Post by advance »

go Comisaire :D

You will do very great :D

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

I did not understand.
What do you mean by "a new channel for banned people" ?

Best Regards.
Mit 8)
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko

undermaster

Post by undermaster »

What do you mean by "a new channel for banned people ?
Mean new channel = is a channel didn 't been created by someone , no one have in undernet like this channel , the type of help is different than the others.

for banned people? mean users who are banned from channels, with reasons inorder to intermediate between. it s very difficult we know but we help them and explain the user why he banned u , the rules of this channel.....etc

have a good day :)

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

good luck but i dont realy thing opers/officials will help you on that :P Unregistered channels can do whatever they like if its not a network/server abuse and banning someone is not abuse (even without a reason)
Registered channels can do whatever they like if its not a channel services/network/server abuse and here bannings its not abuse too :)
Also its not opers job to help users....
However... good luck!

Regards
~ He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an Abyss, The Ábyss gazes also into you. ~

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

Bans usually come with a reason in which the ops in that channel explain the reasons they pertformed such an action. That message also contains information on how to solve the problem that got the user banned and prevent him/her from being banned in the future.

So if your channel is either useless or it help users learn how to read.

Also big respectful channels have a back-channel for unbanning users, or in the kick message they specifie a channel where the banned users can get help with the problems they have.

Last but most important ban is not an abuse...the op status allows you to ban users on your free will with or without reason. You do the math.

In my oppinion it`s just another help channel...nothing special, nothing new...
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

Just I dont have any idea why "Señor admins, Admins , IRcops" are needed. Totally not important. If anyone think 'if oper/admin is in the channel the channel is POWERFULL' thats lame. So what will be the answer of that question ? Why IRC Operators are needed in the channel ? What will an IRC Operator help about channel BAN ? Nothing.. :o

Mit 8)
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko

lilithia

Post by lilithia »

simple: you don't need ircops , senior admins or whoever to make work that chan, just recruit your lamers, oops, i mean, your HELPERS, and work on it!
"i don't even remember how to spell 'photographer'."

Harrass

Post by Harrass »

hello everybody , i think undermaster is right , there are a lot of people in channels of help that's banning for no reason , i am totally agree with him
well hopping to have solutions to this
thanks

undermaster

Post by undermaster »

First i m happy to find users who want to know our project :)

secondly i answer all of u :bandit: .Harrass: that true a lot of people are banned without reason because the oper have the right to ban every user he like, because is ths rules.........etc, but why official help channels do the same ! there users who need truely help and banned why we can't help them !!!thanxs.

:x lilithia, we need the help of all users not only ircops/admins..... and also lamers upps sorry ladies(volunteers helpers like you) :wink: to have some help ,we start working althoug we find a lot of difficulties with some channels opers :evil: , but all the world start with 0 . thanxs.

finally , i m choosing this topic because , i find in undernet a lot users need help truely are banned without reason, and joining channels also they are banned, we are the intermediate of them between the banned and the opers.
U're Friend COMISAIRE24 with ----{<@
N.B:we are doing statistics about users who likes this type of channel and others against.

cArLiLLoS

Post by cArLiLLoS »

There is no need for intermediaries. If a channel op wants to unban a user previously banned, s/he will do it with or without mediators.
I'm sure no network staff will like to get involved in channels' inner affairs as this would tear the Undernet's unmoderated environment.

Good to see you guys concern about your Undernet fellows, but in this case it wouldn't work.

Carlos, a.k.a. cArLiLLoS

toolz

Post by toolz »

whannabeee theeeheee BLEAH! What is that, dont we have #CService ?! In there you can get help how to unban/ban, and I think thats enough!

:classic:

toolz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

LadyLu

Post by LadyLu »

As I know the idea ain`t new at all and all the previous attempts faild.
Users that need to be unbanned are already adviced what to do in any already existing helping channel. 8)
Best regards,
Lu^
I`m not a tease, I`m just a reflection of what you cannot please..

frizzle100

Post by frizzle100 »

Good luck to you :)

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

frizzle100 please don`t posts in topics that have ended, do not revive old topics, where all that was need to be said was said....it will only get them locked and will put you in a bad light....
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.